News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Contact lense wearers question

Started by Wal, October 02, 2016, 09:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wal

For those still wearing contacts. Do any of you know if Oasis dailies are any good? Ive read it's the best brand for dry eye bc of the hydralux component....??

dry2010

I still wear my gas permeable ones but also use Restasis 2 x day. I do take them out early evening and put on my glasses for the evening.

Martha
Diagnosed SJS March 2010, Gerd, Plaquenil & Generic Evoxac,suspected Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome,Wellbutrin, Hypothyroid and menopause.

mbr22m

I wear the acuvue oasis hydraclear plus, but not the dailies. I wear the 2 week type. Also, I find that the Bausch and Lomb Peroxiclear solution works the best for moisture and doesn't contain preservatives that make my eyes dryer. For drops while my lenses are in, I use refresh plus. You can use it with contacts. I'm able to wear them through the day with no problems so far. I'm also on Restasis, but make sure you wait at least 15 minutes after putting in restasis before you put in contacts or it will burn like crazy..
Celiac disease, gastritis, sjogren's, IC, fibromyalgia

Tharrell

I tried the daililies as per my optometrists recommendation.  I liked their bandaid effect of protecting my eyes from moving air. Unfortunately it took half a bottle of eye drops for each eye to get them unglued from my eyeballs! Very painful and will not repeat that again.
MCTD, sjogren's,dRTA,CVID, sero neg. ra,achalasia,Morvan's syndrome,familial dysautonomia,POTS, MCI, IC. Occular neuromyotonia migraines,raynauds,B6,Florinef, propanolol,sodium bicarb, plaquenil,requip,B2,topiramate, synthroid,diazepam,trulance,enbrel,cevimeline,
arava,omeprazole, mexiletin

Wal


jazzlover

I used the Oasis for awhile. They were good.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

kc2015

I wear acuvue moist dailies for 10 yrs. I had tried scleral lenses (with water reservoir) but found them uncomfortable. The acuvue act as a bandaid for my eyes plus vision correction. In terms of dry eye relief, contacts have helped immensly. But I think it's hit or miss , some people with dry eyes find contacts help (like me) for others it worsens it. Worth a try I think.

Wal

Thanks everyone for the input! I'm going to try some really hydrating daily lenses.

Fanciefrancie

I tried all types and none seemed to be all that comfortable.  About a year ago my Doc introduced me to Alcon's Dailies Total 1.  I have found they are the best by far!   They run almost 2x as much per box but well worth the price, in my opinion.   Good luck!
Mother of 3, Lupus, Secondary Sjogren's, dx 2015, Plaquenil, Celexa, Vyvanse, Vit D, Wine

Positive SS-A ( > 8 ) and ANA (>1:640)