News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Possible Sjogren's and looking for advice

Started by Kadiddle, September 29, 2016, 09:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadiddle

My right eye has felt progressivly worse since going back on the prednisone since last Thursday. It was so painful this morning, that I called with eye doc and went in. I have a larg ulceration now instead of just an erosion. Now I'm on antibiotic drops and had to drop the prednisone drops.
Also, I spoke with the Rhumatologists office in Spokane and the wait time is 4-6 months. That is just ridiculous. So.. I may go to Portland or Seattle. They're both about 6 hours away. We have family in Portland, so that's why I am thinking about going there. I phoned that office and they can get me in in about 6 weeks. I'm thinking that would be a better option.
The eye pain is just too much. Ugh.
And... my ANA test came back positive. I suppose I should be disappointed, and I am somewhat. But it also doesn't surprise me and I"m hoping it helps me get some help quicker. I did ask if they did an Ssa and Ssb test as well. They were supposed to, but I haven't seen the results yet. I asked my PCP is she would run and IgG, IgA and IgM test as well. All the other tests so far have been negative.
Primary Sjogren's, Undifferentiated Spondyloarthropathy dxed 1994, Dry eyes with corneal erosions and ulcers, dry mouth, chronic constipation,
Meds/Supps: Meloxicam, Restasis, Evoxac, Omega 3 with Flaxseed Oil,  Multi-vitamins, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Probiotics