News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Tinnitus - Sjogrens related I'm thinking?

Started by MAT51, October 03, 2016, 03:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAT51

I've noticed this symptom worsening for a few months now in the form of a very high frequency whine. I have been assuming that my disequilibrium relates to my small fibre neuropathy everywhere but now wondering if it might be vestibular after all? However it started years before the tinnitus.

This noise symptom is increasingly awful - getting worse each day. How might it be SS related? I am not aware of any hearing loss yet - if anything I'm always turning things down as noises seems magnified.
Hashimoto's, seronegative RA, Primary Sjogren's, small fibre nld polyneuropathy, hypertension, IBS-C, GORD, BMS, highly allergic disposition!

Scottietottie

Hi  :)

Be aware that tinnitus can be a side effect from Plaquenil. I stopped taking plaquenil because I couldn't stand the tinnitus. It's all a balance. I now hurt more but hear marginally better.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)


Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

sixty

I have become much more sensitive to noise over the years since I've had Sjogrens.  I am always turning things down myself.  I've started hating motorcycles and leaf blowers as they seem to be the worst offenders.  I had tinnitus occur when I was taking plaquinel but it's subsided for now.

jazzlover

I also get it from eating foods high in histamine and/or high in salicylates.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

MAT51

Quote from: Scottietottie on October 03, 2016, 04:22:14 PM
Hi  :)

Be aware that tinnitus can be a side effect from Plaquenil. I stopped taking plaquenil because I couldn't stand the tinnitus. It's all a balance. I now hurt more but hear marginally better.

Take care - Scottie  :)

I'm not on plaquenil thanks Scottie. I took it for 18 months but my skin couldn't tolerate it finally. I haven't taken any medications for SS for over a year.
Hashimoto's, seronegative RA, Primary Sjogren's, small fibre nld polyneuropathy, hypertension, IBS-C, GORD, BMS, highly allergic disposition!

Scottietottie

http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)


Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

MAT51

Quote from: jazzlover on October 03, 2016, 08:19:35 PM
I also get it from eating foods high in histamine and/or high in salicylates.

Will look up foods high in histamines thanks - I'm very allergic to lots of things, mainly man made chemicals and medications.
Hashimoto's, seronegative RA, Primary Sjogren's, small fibre nld polyneuropathy, hypertension, IBS-C, GORD, BMS, highly allergic disposition!

kmhcpt

I have tinnitus.  My left ear pulses to my heart beat.  My right ear is a high pitched sound I can hear when in a room that is very quiet.  I have had an MRI and two ct scans to makes sure there is nothing.  All tests came back normal.   My ENT says it is do to Eustachian tube dysfunction.  This may or may not be Sjogrens related.   I believe it is.    I also have a slight hearing loss in my left ear for high pitched sounds.   My ears do seem more sensative to louder noises.   I have cohabited for the most part with the Tinnitus.   Room has a fan going with some relaxing sounds in the background to mask the noise coming from my ears.   I take melatonin at night as this has shown to quite the sound and helps me to sleep.   
ANA 1:40, homogeneous pattern, Plaquenil 200 mg 2 x day, Vitamin D, multivitamin, fish oil, Probiotic,  Ibuprofen, omeprazole 40 mg, Corlanor 5mg 2x day.

MAT51

Sorry I'm a bit slow off the mark sometimes Kmhcpt - also my e-alerts seem to be off kilter with this forum! I am co-existing with mine too so not hugely bothered but I haven't ever mentioned it to a doctor so thinking that, as it's worsening a bit, I probably should. I'm very symptomatic just now with my SS and also living somewhere where my doctors barely know anything about SS so it's as well to read up before reporting this I feel.
Hashimoto's, seronegative RA, Primary Sjogren's, small fibre nld polyneuropathy, hypertension, IBS-C, GORD, BMS, highly allergic disposition!