News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Thunder god vine and other alternative treatments

Started by ammasgirl, April 15, 2014, 10:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ammasgirl

I was wondering if anyone else read the news stories out this week about a Chinese study on Thunder God Vine, an herbal remedy which apparently is more effective than methotrexate for controlling rheumatoid arthritis. It works as both an anti-inflammatory and an immune suppressant. There are considerable possible side effects, such as reduced fertility, and there is no US manufacturer at the moment, but I think it's an exciting possible development. Some info on studies:
Chicago Tribune
Med Page Today


In semi-related news, I was able to get low-dose interferon for my mother. I understand everyone's concerns about the safety of interferon, but this is ultra low dosage. It is 50 IU per dose, taken sublingually, as compared to 15,000,000 to 100,000,000 IU per intravenous dose when used for treatment for hepatitis and cancers. My sister and I decided to take it as well, just to test for side effects. It's been about 10 days now, and my mother seems greatly improved. She had a pronounced limp and shuffle, and she's walking normally now. Her energy levels have soared and she's no longer spending her days in bed. She reports that she doesn't notice any difference yet in her dryness, but her pain and fatigue are greatly diminished. Of course, she's on evoxac and anti-depressants, and certainly it could be that those meds have kicked in, or that she's been in a flare that's finally coming to an end, but the timing is certainly odd as she's been on those meds for weeks. There's also the possibility of the placebo effect. The weirdest part is this: I have had terrible sciatica for a couple of months and the day after I started the interferon, the pain went away. I had trouble standing up after sitting and it was gone overnight. Painkillers didn't touch the pain. Also, my stress-related hair loss has stopped. My sister has had sparse eyebrows for over fifteen years and they've grown back in. Could this all be placebo? Hair growth? It's odd and of course I can't be certain it's the interferon, but we are very hopeful that it's helping.

brooklyntina

That sounds amazing! I recently started a few things that are definitely helping- primarily quercerine and bromelain. They are supposed to suppress the hystamine response. I'm also drastically raising my PH and juicing. I think my body must have been reallllly acidic because I feel much better. Hard to say which of the things I'm doing is helping or if it's a combination. I also dabble in an herbal lyme protocol called the cowden protocol.  It's expensive though so I don't take the full dosage (supposed to be twice a day but I only do it a few times a week). In fact, I don't take anything everyday. Seems like that's asking for trouble in terms of stress on the kidneys and liver. Anyway, would be very interested in adding this to my arsenal!

I looked it up under Thunder God Vine and Tripterygium wilfordii Hook F- I'm checking on Amazon right now and it's not available yet. Thanks for sharing :)

Nymph

Yes, I saw the article about the study on MedPage. It's very exciting as I am anti-CCP+ and assume that I will probably develop RA. It looks like a possible way to reduce methotrexate (which I'm not on yet) while increasing effectiveness. All good.   8)

I imagine it will probably be some time before pharm-grade doses are available here, though.
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot

machenza

I also like that chemo might be replaced with something more natural. However this herb is highly poisons if the roots are not peeled carefully. Hence the extraction of the medication will be expensive, and not all souses of it can be trusted. I have been collecting a list of possible herbal immunosuppressants and besides turmeric all of them have a catch 22.  Some in terms of extraction, others administration and side-effects.

Nellie

omri

Thundergod vine has many applications - for inflammation, to regulate and alleviate
the immune system and which is good for autoimmune diseases & for cancers.
I read about Thundergod vine and the buzz about its ability to kill cancer in lab animals in 40 days.
This was very good news even the researchers were surprised.
But bad news, the effective dose for thundergod  is too near the toxic dose which translates into this therapy would not be tried on humans because of margin of safety problem.

This is unfortunate for us cancer folks who are waiting for better methods from research.
But  2nd news that was around for a while.
Another discovery by Dr. G. Rosen was  better news.   Dr. Rosen found the combination of chemo drugs and triptolide ? the active ingredient of Thundergod vine make a good combination for treating cancer.   Triptolide when combined with chemo or chemo class herbs has synergy with the cancer killing ability of the chemo is multiplied several fold .
The good news is  the chemo drugs is administered at nontoxic dose and the vine also at nontoxic dose.
In fact , Dr. Rosen went so far to patent the discovery & make way for their company to work farther into this as an invention and treatment for cancers.
But that was years ago and this thing that cancer people were waiting for did not come to pass.

There's a 3rd news.
Grace, a lady that has been a cancer survivor writes a blog about several  cancer alternatives she's been taking and she is a cured case.
What was it that healed her?
It was the Chemo Herbs & Thundergod Formula which is  the Dr. Rosen formula or Dr. Rosen discovery.

Grace lists several alternatives she took or wrote down and it is a list for anyone wanting to look over alternatives.

Grace's blog is somewhat long but among the alternatives she took in her list, it
is # 9  &  # 10 that needs to be read because these formulas contain the chemo herbs and the thundergod vine respectively.


Graces's blog here:
       http://target-cancer.page.tl/

Website - source of formula
        http://follownaturesway.com/cancer-the-ttg-formula.html