News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

lip biopsy

Started by susie, June 14, 2015, 08:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sooki

Susie - Mine healed up but was swollen for quite a long time.  Then of course I would bite it and it would get worse.  I think that by a year afterwards, it was pretty stable.  But now, it's gone - I can't even tell where it was.

If yours is still hurting from just smiling and it has been a year, and especially if it's getting worse, you might want to ask a doctor about it.  Sores that don't heal can sometimes cause trouble.  Good to have it looked at.  And maybe there's a fix for it.

Doesn't seem fair to be hurting from diagnostic procedures on top of all the other garbage.  I hope you get some relief soon! 

68 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy, ocular rosacea
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid, Atorvastatin, Xiidra, doxycycline, D3, biotin, B12, ALA, DHEA, Ubiquinol, CPAP, D-mannose, Paleo AIP, fish oil, Cliradex wipes

susie

I see you have PN also. I wonder if it is not the PN/sfn causing the numbing feeling in my lip where biopsy was? To be honest never thought of bringing it up at a doctors because I thought it was common among biopsys to have a residue numbing. It does not hurt, is not painful (Ihope I did not say that in the org post) lol but it is this weird, numbness that bothers me when eating and even makes me feel like I can not feel the top lip. I will bring it up Rhuemy apt next month and neuro appointment in Aug for I will hit them both up. So I guess I learned something here thank you everyone, because I did thing it was  normal.  :P
Susie Hashimoto's encephalopathy, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, myositis, UCTD with features of scleroderma. Raynaud's, lymphocytic colitis, pn, sfn, sjrogens, high blood pressure, Osteo, photosensitivity, myopathy, neuromuscular involvement.