News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Positive Results from Chiropractic Treatment

Started by Carebear, July 23, 2014, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carebear

Hello Friends,

For many years I have had neck and lower back pain, which has gotten progressively worse over time.  Each time I mention it to my family doctor or my rheumotologist, they just look at me.  They ask no questions, perform no examination.  Nothing.   :(

So now I am desperate.   I can't sleep, can't get around, and my quality of life is the pits, thanks to the pain and stiffness.   I think maybe it's time for pain killers, which I am not comfortable with AT ALL.

Then a friend recommends I see a Chiropractor.  What??  ME?  I am very skeptical, but what have I got to lose?  Keep in mind that I am a black and white kinda gal, and a scientist. 

Fast forward to today... I have had three weeks of treatments and my pain level has gone from an 8 to a 4.  I sleep soundly, right through the night.  I can't explain it.  I just feel so much better.

Prior to my treatments she ordered x-rays, determining that I have moderate osteoarthritis in my neck, lower back and sacroiliac.  And I have rheumatoid arthritis in my neck as well, at C1.   Something my so called rheumotologist never thought to do.

I just wanted to share MY positive experience (and vent a bit about my lack of treatment from the other guys, I suppose).  I see an acupuncturist in the clinic later this week as well.  For anyone who knows me, this is quite a big deal. 



Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

irish

I have to tell you that I went to a chiropractor with great trepidation. I went through all my autoimmune diseases and told him that I didn't want him to crack my spine. He used stretching, heat, etc and it helped. I was amazed. He was very kind and understood where I was coming from. Irish