News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Rheumy in Mass

Started by finallyadx, September 08, 2013, 05:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finallyadx

Hello all, thought I was happy with my rheumy, he has been good to me...until this last visit.  Felt like I was being fluffed off by him.  Have been in a flare now since July with little relief.  He only offered prednisone, which I am NOT a fan of unless you absolutely have to.  I am thinking about methotrexate and I have read some great reviews from many of you who are on it.  He works for a big hospital system and I think the pressures of seeing so many patients in so many hrs each day definitely plays into his lack of time, etc. 

Contemplating changing rheumies?  Anyone have any recommendations for a rheumy in Mass?  I live close to the Mass/NH border but need to have a rheumy in MA due to insurance we have.

Thanks all!
Primary ss dx 2013, plaquenil, vitamin d, iron supplements, vitamin b12, d-mannose for chronic UTI's, magnesium for heart palpatations and Zinc

Cassi307

It's pretty awful when you don't feel well and your md seems like  they are not helping. Could he just have been having a bad day? You said he has always been good for you before this.  Can you call him and let him know how you feel about your last visit and ask to discuss options again?

I have switched md's before who didn't help me. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment but I always give them at least 2 chances to prove that it was not just a one time thing. Maybe part of it is that you never know what you can wind up with.

I hope you feel better soon and get the help that you need.

Sjogren's, seronegative RA,  ckd, hyperparathyroidism, asthma,  osteoporosis,  Meds:  amlodipine, low dose Prednisone, calcium, sodium bicarbonate. Also, multivitamin and B complex