News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Apples are coming on....

Started by eye2dry, August 31, 2013, 08:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skylar

Quote from: slccom on September 02, 2013, 09:52:37 PM
Nine years near Philly and I managed to avoid ever trying Scrapple.

Sharon
LOL, you were wise, I wasn't as smart. It's clearly an acquired taste.

4Kids is right, when straining it you have to be careful to not squeeze the cheesecloth or whatever material you are using. Won't affect taste - just appearance.

I love to make chunky applesauce from Granny Smith apples. But I'm waiting for local Honeycrisp apples to appear in our Farmer's markets - any day now..

there's nothing like home made apple jam and home made treats - so much flavor.