News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Private doctor thinks I have mild Sjogrens

Started by gem.j, November 20, 2012, 01:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem.j

So went to see a private doctor (opthinologist) who reckons Mild sjogrens hence the lack of tears and refuring me to specialist at eye hospital for proper testing and diagnosis. Finally not being treated like an idiot!

Dolly Dimples

  Isint it a great feeling when your Doc tells you that you really do have a complaint , crazy aint it?
     Glad he is on the ball, and good luck at the Specialists'
                           Dolly x

jazzlover

Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

LisaMarie

Like I said.  I don't worry so much about the diagnosis as long as they treat the symptoms.  It is nice when a doctor says that your symptoms are real though.
Plaquenil (generic), vitamin D, Amitriptyline, Citalopram

prunella

I remember years ago my opthamologist mentioned the word Sjogren's after my tear ducts expelled some punctal plugs that were supposed to help my dry eyes. I had never heard of it. I asked what Sjogren's was and how would I know if I had it. He said my PCP would have to confirm it.  Years later, I was diagnosed and wondered why the opthamologist had not urged me to pursue a diagnosis. I had had no idea that dry eyes were related to fatigue.

It is nice to be taken seriously. :)
Age 61; Blood type 0-; Sjogren's Dx 2005, sero-negative; plaquenil, 200-400mg/day; lunesta; vivelle dot; omega3, 4gm/day; CoQ10;  vit D3. Wheat free; dairy free. Homeopathy and acupuncture help enormously.

4Kids

I just saw this now... S hurray for the help and validation! Now onto the next steps!
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin