News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

good info for newbies and old timers

Started by iraisin, July 12, 2012, 06:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iraisin

I was looking into what gastroparesis is and stumbled upon this site. Evidently it is instruction for pharmacists on what sjogren's is and what over the counter and meds help us. Along with stats on some of them.

http://www.uspharmacist.com/content/c/10376/?t=mental_health,women's_health

gold55

great article iraisin...I'm saving that one.  Thanks for posting!
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

Joe S.

bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Cindy

Thank you for posting this link. Is a great article. One of the things that I will do is have my husband and twin sister read it. Hope they can understand a little bit more. I do wish there was an OTC for fatigue and brain frog. That would be awesome

Belsey1

Iraisin,  thanks so much for this link.  It is one of the best I have seen.

eyeamdry

Thanks for posting this.  This article puts things in one place @things to know about Sjogrens.  I see this was printed in 2007 and I'll bet many pharmacists (as well as other medicals) know little or nothing.  Little advances do help and this article is great.

Lucy

cargillwitch

that is a great all encompassing article! great find.


I am going to make copies to hand out to co-workers who have been asking about the illness.

Thanks for sharing it!
47 female, Sjogrens ,Raynauds,degenerative disc disease.Rheumatoid Arthritis, gastroparesis.

mshistory

Thank you!! Isn't it strange that the pharmacy article is more thorough and accurate than the one put out by the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation for their awareness day thing!? Ha! I am also saving this one!

I thought it was a great article, but I disagree with one part - the tip about managing dry skin and bathing infrequently. I learned this from having two children with eczema. Frequent bathing in warm water (NOT hot) is actually very beneficial for dry skin conditions - the key is to keep the water warm and not hot, and to apply a good moisturizer like CeraVe cream or Vanicream while the skin is still damp - within 3 minutes of leaving the bath. Moisturize at least twice daily with a hypoallergenic cream, preferably one with ceramides as ceramides help the skin retain moisture.  Vaseline is not a moisturizer but when applied to wet skin, it can be used to trap water to the surface of the skin, so when applied in the bath after having soaked for five minutes, it can be effective at combatting dry skin (but this does get messy) :)
SLE and SjS with PN. ANA >1:1280 speckled,
SS-A >8.0, RF positive. Botox for migraines, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Imitrex for migraines, CellCept 1000 mg, Plaquenil 200 mg, Restasis, Zofran for nausea, Gabapentin, Evoxac and Norco for pain.