News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Prose Treatment Devices

Started by tjjohnson, February 12, 2011, 07:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjjohnson

I was wondering if there is anyone wearing the Prose Treatment Contact Lenses built from the Foundation For Sight in Boston.  I wear Jupiter sclerel contact lenses now and  have so much trouble with them.  The glare is horrible, the insides get residu built up which means I have to remove them, clean then reinsert.  They are very difficult to get in my eyes as they are very big.  They get uncomfortable within about six hours of wearing.  I have heard great things about the Prose lenses but I would love to hear the down side to them.  I am considering having them built but it is very expensive and would require long distance traveling as well.  Thank you for any information you can share with me.

Carolina

#1
Hi t,

I looked it up.   Maybe there is a discussion group or blog on line.   Try googling.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?13361-New-to-Dry-Eye-Talk-I-have-severe-dry-eyes-and-Boston-Lens


I hadn't heard of the Prose.

But it looks interesting.

Good luck.

Keep us posted.

Elaine
Female-Elaine,83-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea)-COPD-Inter. Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Erythromelalgia-SIBO-PMR-Adrenal Insufficiency-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Bacteriurea-Power Chair-IVIG Gamunex 50 gm-Medrol-Wellbutrin-Buspar-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Salagen-LDN-Lipitor-Premarin-Nexium-Om.3-Repatha-KLOR-CON-Maxide

tjjohnson

Thank you soooo very much for the web page.  Very helpful :)

connectedvisions

Hi tjjohnson,

I'm glad Carolina shared the dryeyezone.com link with you about PROSE and that you are having conversations with PROSE wearers there.  If you are interested, here are some more links to information about:

PROSE Treatment for Sj?gren's Syndrome   www.bostonsight.org/conditions
PROSE Clinics nearest you         www.bostonsight.org/partners
Transportation and Lodging Resources                www.bostonsight.org/lodging-natl

Please let me know if there is any other information I can help get you connected to.

Wishing you well,

Janice M. Epstein
Online Community Advocate
Boston Foundation for Sight
connectedvisions@bostonsight.org