News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Central Nervous System and non specific white matter lesions

Started by DryEyes, January 04, 2011, 09:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DryEyes

I am curious about these "non specific white matter lesions" related to Sjogren's Syndrome.   Anyone else have this.  I would love to talk to others.  Searching this out on the net is scary and often I find myself in waters that add to the confusion of it all.    Anyone?   Even if you know about or understand them?

LizPetillo

I've gotta go for my scan in the next few weeks.  Went to my first neurologist appt.  I've got neuropathy and he's going to check for both MS and Sjogrens lesions ...

sugarbugar

I do have a lot of non-specific white matter on my brain not specific to any region.  It's everywhere.  But they told me not to be concerned about it.  ???
I go to Mayo next week and I'll let you know if I find out anymore info on it. Best of luck to you!

DryEyes

..  hmmm   I sure don't understand why they say not to worry about it.  It is only my brain box that has this     ::)     I started with just two bigger ones and many scattered little ones and now I have four bigger ones and of course the scattered ones.   I am the only one concerned about them.  If you guys get any answers please share with me.  I really can't wrap my head around them being nothing.   Thank you

tired of it

I had a MRI of the brain, in the report it mentioned non-specific white lesions, it went on to say that they probably were attributed to headaches.

Carolina

According to everything I've read and understand, non specific white matter lesions are part of the normal process of aging.

At least that's how mine were explained to me.  I am sero negative for Sjogren's as well.

Keep us posted.

Kisses

Elaine
Female-Elaine,83-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea)-COPD-Inter. Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Erythromelalgia-SIBO-PMR-Adrenal Insufficiency-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Bacteriurea-Power Chair-IVIG Gamunex 50 gm-Medrol-Wellbutrin-Buspar-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Salagen-LDN-Lipitor-Premarin-Nexium-Om.3-Repatha-KLOR-CON-Maxide

BonusMom

I don't have white lesions on the brain but calcium deposits, which I can't understand why they'd be on the brain.  I understand why they'd be on the shoulder, knees and such, but the brain bewilders me.  Any theories on why this might be?

dainbramage

I have non specific white spots on my MRI.  This could be caused by high Cholesterol or migraines or age. I am now on a cholesterol diet to see if that it is a problem.  I will have another MRI next month. I do have migraines and that maybe it.

DryEyes

Bumped this one up.    As I posted a wee while ago about non specific white matter lesions.   I was to my specialist yesterday and I asked about how these white matter lesions are contributed to Sjogrens.  It was described to me as possibly from inflammation of tiny blood vessels causing damage to the area.  I hate to say too much as I am not a dr and I too have problems remembering exactly what is said.  If I remember correctly sort of like a vasculitus that cause (loosely termed) sort of strokes that go unnoticed.  Apparently as we age we all can have these spots in our brain.  With the Sjogrens though  they are mostlikely attributed to or are consistant with it.

I have many tiny wee ones and only 4 what I call big.  (Neuro said they were small and in areas that were of no consequence at this time.) Two were found back in 2002 and some how I managed to gain another pair of them.  So 4  "big" ones as I call them.  The new ones were revealed last year about this time.   I am suppose to take baby dose aspirin to try and prevent these from forming.   Hope that made sense in some way.   As I said I am not in anyway shape or form a dr nor do I profess to I have any answers.  Also that dang Brain Fog gets in the way.   Hope this offers some food for thought.

ynevar

Quote from: BonusMom on January 04, 2011, 07:50:33 PM
I don't have white lesions on the brain but calcium deposits, which I can't understand why they'd be on the brain.  I understand why they'd be on the shoulder, knees and such, but the brain bewilders me.  Any theories on why this might be?

Have you been tested for Sarcoidosis?  Have you had your vitamin D and Calcium levels checked?  Do you have trouble breathing?  Enlarged lymph nodes? 

-Y

flutterfly

my mri showed a whole bunch of white matter changes is what doc said!   :o  oh we all knew i was an odd※ball! tehehe!

she asked if i had severe migrains or have had head trauma & i don't have head aches but did have an abusive X  so she said yup the latter could do it!

but not a sign of ms...those lesions are different! said she wasn't sure if that had anythin' ta do w/cognitive sh#t...but why wouln't it!

have ya looked @ a pic of a brain...alot goes on up there! (well...uh...i was gonna...say sumthin'...else...daugumnit...gone!)

well have a good night all!


~*flutterfly...glad i'm not the only 1!but sorry urs is muffed up 2!*~