News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

After the colds/flu, etc.

Started by Bucky, January 27, 2011, 10:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucky

I've been reading lately how many of our members have been dealing with colds, the flu, bugs, etc.  I just wanted to remind you all that once you are done being sick with whatever bug you have to either put your toothbrush in the dishwasher or get a new one so you aren't reinfecting yourself again with the same toothbrush you used while you were sick.  Same with the glass you use for brushing your teeth.  Get a new one.

Also, I don't know if you do this on a regular basis - but I ALWAYS brush my tongue - it's part of my dental hygiene. 

Just throwing this out there . . . .

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

dbab

LOL I'm so OCD about my toothbrush according to my family (except my nuclear family because they all do it too)

I soak my toothbrush in Listerine while I'm in the shower at night to disinfect it before brushing and do the same thing in the morning while I'm getting dressed and washing my face, etc.  Toothbrushes are ewww but yes, I've done the dishwasher thing before.

Pisces24

LOL I soak my toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide.  ;)

gsmraxe

Quote from: Bucky on January 27, 2011, 10:51:36 AM
I've been reading lately how many of our members have been dealing with colds, the flu, bugs, etc.  I just wanted to remind you all that once you are done being sick with whatever bug you have to either put your toothbrush in the dishwasher or get a new one so you aren't reinfecting yourself again with the same toothbrush you used while you were sick.  Same with the glass you use for brushing your teeth.  Get a new one.

Also, I don't know if you do this on a regular basis - but I ALWAYS brush my tongue - it's part of my dental hygiene. 

Just throwing this out there . . . .

Bucky

Wow!  I never thought of that.   :o

I always brush my tongue, seems that's where the bad taste in my mouth originates from.  Or seems to stick to.   :D