News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

My PT guy hurt me!!

Started by Sha, January 27, 2011, 08:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sha

Okay...so he had an intern I was guinee pig for and he was supposed to find where my pain in my back was....my pt guy told him to! Well he found it but pushed too hard and I swear....i can hardly move this morning!! Okay, done being ANYONE'S guinnee pig for the sake of teaching!! It hurts too bad the next day! I know  my pt guy wouldn't have hurt me like that!

My pt guy told me that i am a very odd case cuz I am negative on SI joint pain when he tests me with the range of motion, but have severe pain in all the SI joints and tender to palpation....said he sees that a lot in AI diseases like spondyloarthropathy.

Sha who now needs to go to work and PRETEND nothing is wrong cuz the trolls and pixies (kids) can pick up on that very easy!

flutterfly

 SHA~okay...waz the guys name? i'll send my minions!!!  :o

sorry luv...i know every1 has ta learn on SUM1...but that sum1 needen't be YOU!  ;D

u know i luva u...but i wantcha ta know...I LUVA U TREMENDOUSLY!

:-*  smooches ta the sore spots!

~*flutterfly...luvin' other 1/2...LOTS*~

Joe S.

I am curious as to what he was trying to do. Most PT's are not qualified to release the SI joints. If it was pain erasure that technique does cause pain. So does Rolfing. Acupressure may provide a positive release. Of course the reflexology for the low back. Carrot juice can help with endorphins.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Crymeariver

The students can be ham handed.  I was a physical therapist assistant before I got sick and when we were in school we only ever got to practice on one another until clinicals.   If you didn't tell him it was painful or too rough then you should mention it next appointment.  Students need the feedback because they have lots of theory and little practice.

Feel better!

Sha

#4
Flutterfly~Thanks! ;D I may need em!LOL Love ya too! :-*

Joe~My pt  guy told him to find my sore spots....that's all he was doing...palpating my back and trying to find where it was sore! He found it...I hollered at him (nicely) and then he put his whole hand over my sore spot and pushed a lil, which killed me and I told him so...my pt guy had left the room to check on another patient I think. No on the carrot juice...yucky to my taste buds!LOL

crymeriver~Yeppers...I told him, and he did say sorry, but damage is done for the next couple of days i think....I didn't realize how bad he hurt me until I got home, and a friend of mine had asked if he made me pay for the session....uh, yep, and did more damage than good! I am done being a guinee pig!

Sha who is on heating pad ::)

Patze

Hi Sha,

I'm sorry that the PT trainee was a bit rough....yeah, I sure know what you're feeling (the PT'er I saw was very rough; won't go back there again).

Sending you some ultra soft hugs lady!

Take care of yourself, and stay safe -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen