News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Foot surgery

Started by eyeamdry, December 30, 2010, 09:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeamdry

I had foot surgery two weeks ago (can't find thread.)  I got the stitches out today!  Love getting those guys out.  I had hallux something or other of the big toe.  I had bone spurs and osteoarthritis in the big toe joint.  It was quite painful and I finally decided to have it taken care of.  This is always a big deal to me-  do I or just keep hollering. 

Dr is happy. Incision is clean and looks good.  I can walk w/o crutches.   I have to "exercise" my toe.  LOL.  He means rub it and work the joint, or what is left of it.  Next is two knee replacements, but not just now.  I don't want to do that mid-winter.  I  had a knee partial done 8 years ago and it was Dec.  I had to do it then so I could use christmas vacation as poart of my time off.  I hate getting older as each part feels like it's all wrinkled and krinkled like a car fender.  I've had a fender bender in each fender.  Lucy

Bucky

Woohoo Lucy . . . glad those stitches are out and you can put away the crutches.   :D

That seemed like a quick two weeks . . . probably not to you, but to me that was quick.

I hope your big toe will feel much better to you than it has in a while.

Good news!!

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Scottietottie

Hi Lucy  :)

Well done you being able to walk without crutches! Weren't you tempted to hang onto them until you get your knees done? I couldn't walk without a cane before my knee surgery 4 years ago. If my knee gets bad again though I think i'll ask for an elbow crutch as it's less painful on the hand!

I hope you continue to heal well and do those exercises - they are the key to success I'm sure!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)


Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

navydad

good to hear you got a (foot up) on the situa ;)

Patze

Hi Lucy,

Congrats on getting them suckers out!  And I'm so glad that things have worked out for you!

Oh, and one of your fenders is now "ironed" out! :D


Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Katybarstool

Lucy

I'm so pleased your foot is healing well. I also think you are very brave to get rid of the crutches so soon, but it's a good sign that you are on the mend.

Hugs
Kathyx 

Shani

Hi Lucy!

I'm so happy that everything is healing well.
I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a speedy recovery! ;D

Take good care of yourself. :-*

irish

Lucy, So glad that the big toe is back in business. HOpe you have a good New Year and that the snow doesn't cover you up. Irish ;D

eyeamdry

Scottie, I did hang onto my crutches.  They are from 8 years ago partial knee replacement.  I also have a couple of canes and a walker.  My doc told me to use a cane with all my knee problems.  I would also like elbow crutches next time and I'll try it when I get knee replacement.  Lucy

Cheryl

Lucy,
  It's great to hear your good news!  :)
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

eyeamdry

Thanks everyone and ANAVYdAD I sure do have a foot up on it now.  Now, if i don't drop something heavy on the other big toe, I'll be foot ok.