News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Dissapointed Today

Started by susanep, December 01, 2010, 09:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonsmith

Quote from: eyeamdry on December 17, 2010, 08:42:06 PM
Jason, I think that amount would be pretty accurate if a person has been working all along and had enough time in the system. 

Yeah, the system goes by credits. And the credits needed depends on your age. The older you are, the more credits you need. But I believe you should be good if you've worked at least 10 years.

susanep

Yes this disability was from a small pension due to working as a teacher for 15 years not the state social security disability. They also would send me out yearly how much I would get for different years worked etc.

Hopefully, this will help me make it through the long process to getting state social security disability. Weather here has kept us from making any of our appointments for their doctors over this past week. We did notify them though to let them know so they can reschedule.

I plan to call to get more info (evidence) to send them on past health  now that I can do that. I may end up waiting a long time too, but I am going to flood them with stuff.

All of you here have helped to keep me going. I hope I can give back and help others here in some small way.

Thank You
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Meld256

susanep,

I just got to read your post. What a wonderful Christmas present/ miracle you received! I'm so glad for you. And glad you're back! ;) 
That kind of news can really keep us going. God bless you.
Merry Christmas! Melinda

p.s. jasonsmith,
Yes, I can say that those statements received from SS dept. are accurate. I just got mine approved and it was to the dollar amount exactly of what the statement printed I would receive under "if you are become disabled now". 
Take care and have a great holiday,
Melinda

harlin

Susanep
I just read your post and miracles do happen! I am living proof of that also. My LTD came thru yesterday.
Still waiting on my SSD.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. It is going to be a better year for all of us. I pray and believe that it will be better!
Love, harlin

kwolfsheimer

I don't think people think about this until it happens to them. Susan-- I know what you mean. I am going back to teach in a high school despite the fact that I was so sick for years. Now I'm worried that my stomach has gone south again-- that is worrisome because as a teacher, I can't leave the classroom to go to the bathroom.  Even that thought has me scared. But I'm hoping that I can make enough $$ and aquire enough salary that when I do have to apply for disability, that I can survive off it.

I will pray that this will come through for you. And in time, that you don't suffer too much in trying to make these bills. I agree with navydad, though-- you've got to get out there and find everything that you are entitled to.  It is a shame that it costs money for this process.  >:(

warmwaters

Congrats on getting your teacher pension. Baby steps, but they all help. Do work with your doctors to get them "on board" to write up the right things in your med records. I hope all goes well.

And a good holiday to you. This time of the year can be rough, but at least you've got some good news.

Quote from: susanep on December 17, 2010, 10:14:16 PM
Yes this disability was from a small pension due to working as a teacher for 15 years not the state social security disability. They also would send me out yearly how much I would get for different years worked etc.

Hopefully, this will help me make it through the long process to getting state social security disability. Weather here has kept us from making any of our appointments for their doctors over this past week. We did notify them though to let them know so they can reschedule.

I plan to call to get more info (evidence) to send them on past health  now that I can do that. I may end up waiting a long time too, but I am going to flood them with stuff.

All of you here have helped to keep me going. I hope I can give back and help others here in some small way.

Thank You
susanep
Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

susanep

Thank you all and God Bless You.

Merry Christmas
susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

harrigan

Best wished to you Susan and may you thrive with the decrease in stress.  You have struggled and now you deserve a peaceful, restful time.  Thinking of you and sending best wished for 2011 too XX Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

susanep

Thank you harrigan  :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi