News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Sjogrens and the holidays?

Started by bigb00, November 27, 2009, 04:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patze

Hang in there Lizzy!!!  I sure hope things settle down for you soon enough to have a great Christmas!


Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

susanep

Patze no they never found out who shot Buddy. Thankyou for asking.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Epson

Linda,

Festivus was first celebrated in 1965, long before Seinfeld and was started by writer Dan O'Keefe, his son was a writer for Seinfeld and put it into a script.  The Seinfeld episode had no drinking, true Fustivis celebrations always include heavy consumption of alcohol.  O'Keefe once wrote a book that deals with idiosyncratic ritual and its social significance, a good foundation for creating Festivus.  We Festivites take our holiday seriously and are fighting to have our Festivus poles displayed next the Nativity and Menorah displays on city property all over America and the we will storm Canada yelling, Festivus, the holiday for the rest of us!

We are trying to get the ACLU to represents us in some of out law suits across the country.  My wife and I just got done stringing our Festivus light on the roof, we spelled out "Festivus the holiday for the rust of us" in red lights.

Linda196

Thanks, Epson, I had no idea!
As I said, I wasn't much into Seinfeld, and didn't realize the true history of the occasion!

Now, is the appropriate greeting "Happy Festivus", "Merry Festivus", or "Bottoms Up"?
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https:https://sjogrensworld.org/index.php?board=30.0

Epson

Yes Linda, now you have the Festivus spirit!!! :D

lighthouse33

I did the family Christmas cards this weekend.  Friday through Sunday.  I make my own through an Internet pay site and print them using the laser printer.  Don't know how I would live without my laser.  My stress level has gone down triple since I got it back in 2005.  It's the whole works, cards, clip art and address printed on the envelopes and return address labels.  Plus I do an annual Christmas letter for my personal cards printed on Christmas stationary of course. 

It was three tough days and I'm paying for it now. A lot of getting up and down dealing with the printer.  But I'm glad I did it.  Most of the time I'm in pain from the neuropathy anyway so why not.  The neuropathy book I just read said to focus on hobbies / activities to take your mind off th pain so that is what i did.  Plus my mom loves having the personalized cards with people's names on them.  They are fun to do.

A sort of unwritten bargain was made.  I would do the cards and bow out of helping with the Christmas tree.  No lifting and moving of the heavy table etc. 

Now the only thing left is to write personalized notes on the cards and get the Christmas stamps.  Mom put the return address labels on for me as I don't see too well to do a decent job.  She also folded the letters. 

Well, I do have four cards left to do, mail man, newspaper delivery guys and garbage man.  The mail man sent his Christmas card today so I could go ahead and do his and I have the address of the garbage man so I could do that one too.
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products