News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

how do you use serum tears?

Started by driedout10, November 24, 2009, 10:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

driedout10

Hi,
I recently started using autologous serum tears but with no direction from my opthamologist. Right now I am using 8 drops a day, every hour. I keep my eyes closed for 2 minutes after inserting them. I am still using other drops with no preservative also. By the 6th drop though, I start to feel like my eyes are really irritated. Could this be the serum tears? How long does it take before you notice an improvement with serum tears? I had mine made in Ottawa, Canada.
Thanks friends!
Chun

lainier

I don't know the answer to your question I am afraid but I thought that I would bump your post hoping somebody can help you out. Good Luck.

tuckerdog

I use autologous plasma drops when my eyes are sore.  At the beginning I put them in as often as I wanted but never used them as frequently as you described.  They were more soothing than any of the other drops.  I stopped using all artificial tears and only used plasma drops and restasis (2x/day for the restasis).

After one week my eyes were a lot better and no longer stuck to my eyelids - I could sleep through the night.  After one month the opthamologist could see scarring starting to heal.  After 3 months the corneas were healed.  I only use them now as needed.  My drops are in little frozen segments of plastic tubing.  I take a segment out of the freezer, let the segment thaw (about 5 minutes at room temperature) then clip the tube and squeeze the drops into my eyes. 

The magic ingredient in the serum is growth factor.  That heals the cornea.  The growth factor will go bad though if the drops are not kept frozen.

Tuckerdog