News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Plaquenil Question

Started by sugarbugar, November 28, 2009, 08:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarbugar

Hi Everyone!  I have a question about Plaquenil.  I started it about two weeks ago and was wondering if it can cause your pain and flu like symptoms to be worse?  I have had terrible arthritic pain in my joints, especially my knees and wrists for about a week now.  I also feel very flu like every night instead of just a few times a month. I may just be in a flare-up but thought I would ask!

Bernice

you know by now, that somebody will soon come along with answers, right? Well it's not me, I know nothin about this med. other than what I learn through you guys. Though I've been dxed over 25 years I have never used it. I have such issues with my eyes that will not allow me to use it.

But because I have sister that are supposed to be taking it I hope to learn more about it for them.

Babs659

I seriously doubt the Plaquenil is causing those symptoms.  It is usually very slow acting and you made need months before you feel better on it.  Try to stick with it.  Maybe you're in a flare.

DragonflyC

I think that you should call your doctor to talk about this one, though like Babs, I doubt it's the plaquenil. 

Maybe you're in a flare and could use some prednisone to get you out of it.  Or is it possible that you actually have the flu? 

JannaLee

I'm pretty sure it's not the Plaquenil, more likely you are flaring.

Soooo sorry you are feeling so poorly!  In my opinion you should keep on plaquenil if you can.  The problems you are having are what it helps with.

Best to you,
Janna


John in LA

#5
Hi Sugar
I like that name!
When I have a flare my body will often react differently to changes in medication, shots or even vitamins.  My flares  can last 1 month or more.  I record changes in my diet and medications and watch for unususl symptoms.
When the flare subsides I can go back to normal.
Don't know why but it works for me.
John

sugarbugar

Thanks everone for the info, it helps me confirm it's a flair. John, I too have noticed symptoms like that. When I feel like I do right now I react to vitamins and oddly enough oranges! They make me shaky and jittery.

JannaLee

That is very interesting!  I'm going to start noticing if I feel different after citrus and vitamins!