News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Something for hair lost?

Started by eyeamdry, July 02, 2009, 02:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeamdry

I'm writing about this so I don't forget about it.  I was whining about my thinning hair to my rheumy yesterday and she said something about getting "Biotene."  I said, "is this the stuff I use for brushing my teeth?"  She said no.  I believe it is in a capsule ..ie..vitamin type..  I have not been to the pharmacy to check this out yet.  You can believe I'll find it or call her office back.  Lucy

Linda196

She may have meant biotin, which is Vitamin B8
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https:https://sjogrensworld.org/index.php?board=30.0

DesignerS

Yes, I am sure she meant Biotin.  You can find it at any drugstore.  I wonder if it really helps.  If you try it, please let us know:)

Designer

eyeamdry

thanks for the correction!  She seemed to really think this would help. 

gurs

Lucy,

She meant biotin...she told me the same thing...did she give you any other news? guess we have to wait for the labs. I usually call her office a week later and
they fax them to me via efax..I gave up on the hair loss thing. I think most of mine is hormonal so Im going to work on that now.

take care...

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements