News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Has anyone tried the Boston scleral lens for dry eyes?

Started by driedout10, June 07, 2009, 10:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

driedout10

Hi all,
I came upon several articles touting the Boston Scleral Lens as a miracle for dry eye sufferers. I have since been in contact with the Boston clinic whose opthamologist first invented this device but they haven't been very good about getting back to me (not returning my phone calls or emails). Either they are very busy or very disorganixed or both. I'd be interested to hear any feedback about this prosthetic device and this clinic or the one at the Mayo clinic that offers a scleral lens also. My eyes are so so dry that I can only keep them open for very short periods in a day. I'm desperate.
Thanks,
Chun

eyeamdry

I have the Boston Scleral lens and I will send you a private message on my experience with them within the next couple of days.  Lucy

eyeamdry

Chun, can you tell us the cause of your dry eye? It's not as dumb as it sounds, but can make a difference in whether the lens might help you or not.  For example, my dry eyes started with Lasik surgery 10 years ago and my eyes never healed.  Then somewhere along the line I got Sjogrens which did it's thing with my already dry eyes. 

Some people have dry eye just because of Sjogrens, some because of blepharitis, etc.  Has Restasis worked for you?

Lucy