News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

New here and really need advice and help

Started by derbygirl71, May 21, 2009, 07:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derbygirl71

I am new here and new to Sjogrens. I was just diagnosed last Tuesday by my rheumo. He said I also have premature osteoporosis and osteoarthritis and Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Still waiting on alot of lab results this is just what the rheumo has told me so far. I had a trip to the ER this morning for pain under my right ribs that I have had for over a month but has gotten to the unbearable stage. They said my gallbladder was enlarged and the walls were protruding and that I have a excessive amount of blood in my urine. They did a ultrasound and cat scan and urinalysis and said I don't have a infection or stones of any kind. Also I have had a hysterectomy so it isn't female organ related. Does anyone here maybe know what could possibly be going on cause I am scared and totally lost. 

lynnmarie219

Hi Derbygirl!

Gosh I cant tell you anything but you need to keep pushing for answers. If the pain in unbearable and on-going, your gall bladder is enlarged, and you have blood in your urine...they should continue looking for the cause/treatment. Did they give you any indication of what is causing all of this and what you should do about it and the pain?

With all of these symptoms...I would definitely keep looking for answers and a treatment plan and if you don't get any satisfaction from the docs you are currently seeing....I would look elsewhere. Have you gone to a specialist for these problems (GI doc or Urologist)?? I hope you get this resolved soon....please let us know what you find out!


jonnell

Im sorry your not feeling well, dont know anything about gallbladder.  I have kidney stones that cause that kind of pain and blood in my urine, it could be a kidney problelm.  Hope you feel better.   Hugs and kissess   Jonnell and Jenna

Scottietottie

Hi Derbygirl

I reckon you need to see a urologist ASAP. A gastroenterologist would be good too. You need to get to the bottom of what's hurting. Did ER suggest anything for the pain?  If the pain doesn't ease off - and is unbearable - get back to ER and kick up a stink!!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)


Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Chickpea

Hi Derbygirl

I agree with Scottie that you need to see a specialist fast.  Did they not offer you any treatment, or at least some advice? 

I've had that gallbladder pain and it's pretty tough going.  I found a hot water bottle held over the most painful spot was a real help, and warm baths were good too.  Did they give you any advice about avoiding fatty foods?  I'm not qualified to give medical advice but I do know that you need to do anything you can to avoid irritating your gallbladder - maybe you could ask your GP for information about this? 

Take care - Chickpea

derbygirl71

Hi to everyone, hope you all are doing good.  Just a little update on the above post I made. Last Monday they took my gallbladder out and said that was the problem and I would be going strong again within a week. Well it will be a week tomorrow and the original back and right side pains are still there. I am still unable to eat anything and get real nauseous everytime I try. I am hoping it is just taking me a little longer to heal considering everything else I have going on but I can't help but wonder if it was my kidneys messed up to begin with. It seems I have always had problems with my kidneys off and on my whole life. Is that a symptom of SS? I am just so confused and was hoping to be getting better by now and my boyfriend keeps saying the surgeon said I would be better in 2 or 3 days which makes me feel worse. Any help or advice is appreciated.
Thanks, Linda

Babs659

A friend of mine is going through the same exact thing.  Had her gallbladder out last week.  She was still in pain, and now is back in the hospital with an abcess.  Have your doctor do a CT scan, ultrasound and check your white blood cell count.  Keep bugging your doctor.
Good luck