News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

GP seeing me tomorrow at her request - SEEN GP

Started by fluffiebunnie, June 02, 2009, 07:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluffiebunnie

I rang up my GP today to get blood test results - said it showed inflammation (had it for last year).  Mentioned the left side neck pain and numb arm and said I was due x ray on Friday for my neck.  I asked her whether it was worth going for the x ray on Friday when I didnt just have a numb arm so not sure if the neck was actually causing the problem.  Told her I had a numb leg/hip too on the right side.

She said to come and see her as I have lots of weird symptoms and no diagnosis for a year... she knows I am desperate for a diagnosis and I think with nerve issues this is another factor that can point in the direction of SS.

Dry eyes, mouth, nose, aches and pains all over, tiredness, stomach issues, weight loss, too hot, inflammation in blood, swollen glands under jaw, numb areas and tingling in legs and arms....  (thats what I remember off the top of my head).

I always build myself up for a good appointment only to come away disappointed....

lesmom

Good luck and plase let us know what happens.

Hugs,
Leslie

JJ

Hiya Fluff,

   I sure hope you get the answers and tests you need...I know about feeling disappointment

but everyone here does a wonderful job of helping each other get through. I will keep you

in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck and yes let us know how it goes.

JJ


Poochie

Hi Fluff,
It sounds like you have a good doctor there, between the two of you I pray you get some answers real soon.  I hope it's just something simple that ONE pill will straighten out. ::)  I wouldn't wish Sjs on my worst enemy. 

Please don't forget to let us know how you do at this appointment.  We all care very much how you are.

Huggles, Pooh  ;)

jonnell

Good luck in my thoughts and prayers.  Hugs and Kissess   Jonnell and Jenna

Dolly Dimples

 I know exactly what you mean about the disappointment after a Docs appointment Fluffie,

            But you sure seem to have a very interested & sympathetic lady there, so that's a good start.
"
           Too many Docs just look at a patient , scribble out a script and "good day" to you..

             I hope you come away next time feeling that something is going to start moving for you .
                                        Bless you Dolly
                     

irish

Hopefully she will be on the ball and think that you need to see a rheumatologist. If she isn't on the ball you might chance telling her that you have been researching and sjogrens seems to grab your attention. Ask her what she thinks about it. If she is willing to talk great!!! Get a referral. If she isn't go find a good rheumy and set up an appointment yourself. Sometimes we have to take the bull by the horns. Sorry to say!!!!

If the doctors think we are assertive, aggressive, frustrated, overbearing, mouthy and many other adjectives, it is because we are at the end of our rope for a long, long, long, long time. Irish ;D

fluffiebunnie

Saw GP today - to clear up one point I am currently being seen by a Rheumatologist who also wont diagnose me -

Anyways, she said inflammation in blood still and when she tested my numb spots she has now referred me to a Neurologist... so I am not seeing the Neurologist on 29th July and Rheumatologist next on 4th August....

I JUST WANT SOME TREATMENT AND A DIAGNOSIS!!!!!

Had more blood tests today as well.

Patze

Hi Fluffie,

I'm sorry that you're getting the answers that you're looking for, and I'm glad to see that your doctor is taking you seriously.  I hope that the neuro can help you with your numbness, and that you get some answers finally. 

Hang in there and keep us updated, okay?

Take care -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen