News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Arm and Leg Tremors-new symptom? PLease advise

Started by lesmom, June 02, 2009, 07:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmom

Good morning all,
I'm not sure what's going on, but this morning I was really tired and had a hard time getting up to go to work. When I finally did. My arms and my legs especially were  trembling and I had sharper pins and needles feelings in different parts of my legs and arms. After my show it was a tad better. I'm at work know and I am still a bit shaky and still have the sharp pin pricks on and off. And I feel even more tired than I normally do. I've not changed any of my meds or be put on any new med recently. SO I'm just wondering if this is just a flare? My mouth is extremely dry and my eyes are dry too, but not as bad thanks to the plugs.
Any ideas what you think it might be would be appreicated. I don't get into my 1st rhuemy visit until the end of July.

Hugs to you all and thank you,
Leslie

JJ

Hello Lesmom,

   I get the tremors as well....seems that I have been having to force my self to eat, drink a good

amount of water, and try to do breathing exercises to calm it down. I also believe it is part of

the flare.  I would bring it up to your Rheumy though, since I haven't been to a doctor I find that

doing what i stated above helps. Not exactly sure what causes it...but I hope if you try the above it

will help you a bit.

JJ


Poochie

Hi Leslie,
You mentioned you were really tired and had a hard time getting up for work.  Being overtired is a sure fire opening for these wierd symptoms.  I'm fine as long as I get the right amount of rest, but let me overdo and not sleep properly and the tremors start.  My arms and legs feel like they are made of gummy worms. (sorry, not a good explanation but that's the way they feel. :P)  Plus the shocks that shoot through them.

The tremors hit me one day as I was cutting my hubby's hair.  The clippers started hopping up and down on his head and we both started laughing.  I told him I wasn't going to guarantee this cut.  I got it done, but every time I lifted my arm to use the clippers, it would start to tremble.  :-\  My rheumy said it was all a part of my neuropathy, but please ask your doctor about your episodes.  It could be something entirely different.  :) 

I hope you can get some REAL rest and start out fresh.  I would definitely mention this to your rheumy when you see him/her next, unless it continues, then call and make an earlier appt. 

Pooh

lesmom

Thank you Pooh and JJ.
The tremors finally slowed down but I felt like I was run over by a truck all day and stayed really tired. I did come home from work and took a 2 hour nap before super. I 've been keeping a list of symptoms and such to take to the rheumy. I'm glad I'm not alone, but man what a thing we have to go through!

Take care and thanks again,
Leslie

jenkay

I have lupus and sjogrens and get this all the time and it is always worse or brought on by overdoing it (which for me doesn't take much at all).  Even with all the meds the thing that helps the very most is a day in bed catching up on needed rest.

forest

I also suffer from this. Most of the time, it is right when I get into bed. Sometimes I will fall asleep, and wake up suddenly ten minutes later and find my whole body shaking. Not fun. I'll keep in mind the over-doing it thing and see if it matches up for me too.

forest