News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

New medications...

Started by NYRicanmom, June 09, 2009, 06:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYRicanmom

Goodmorning and blessings for you all........well, since the medications that my daughter has been on hasn't worked at all in reducing the pain and inflammation, her Rheumatologist prescriped Methylprednisolone and Amrix.  The inflammation in her spine has reduced not gone but mild reduction which I'm so happy cuz now she can walk a bit straighter LOL, the pain from 9-10 in scale has come down to 7-8.  She still have those sudden sharp, stabbing, deep pain but are  more manageable, tnx to God.  My question is does any1 else takes that meds? I was told it usually is given to people with Lupus, MS and severe arthritis.  The doctor told me that her new symptoms is related to another condition....still working in founding out which 1.....Any input on these meds that I haven't been told about or read would b very much appreciated.  Many blessings to you all and hope 2day is a better day.

Linda196

I'm so glad your daughter is getting some relief!

Methylprednisolone is one of the corticosteroids, many people here take them as either prednisone, prednisolone, medrol, or a number of other names, and they are really good at knocking down inflammation. Depending on the dose she takes, and how long she takes it, she may have to wean off it when the time comes, because you can't just stop taking corticosteroids. While taking them, the body's adrenal glands stop or slow their production of adrenalin, and stopping steroids suddenly leaves the body with neither the steroid nor the adrenalin, and can cause some severe symptoms...I'm sure her doctor will guide her through that time, when it comes.

Amrix is a brand mane for Cyclobenzaprine, which is also known as Flexeril. It's a potent muscle relaxant and spasm treatment, and works well for many people. I took it as Flexeril many years ago, and I guess it looked after my muscle spasms very well, I don't know for sure because it knocked me out and I think I slept for a week!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https:https://sjogrensworld.org/index.php?board=30.0