News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Can anyone explain?

Started by Liz D., May 28, 2009, 04:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liz D.

Can anyone explain why it is that we feel 'flarish' when the weather changes drastically?  I have been feeling so much better lately and this spring has been very good for me this year.  Then two days ago the temperature dropped and it is unusually cold and rainy and dull.  All my joints are hurting, I have a headache, etc.  My husband says he notices it in me every time the weather changes.  Why is that?

Liz D.
60 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 200 mg; Levoxyl 100mcg; Evoxac, Symbicort, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., vitamins, calcium, flaxseed/cod liver oil, L- lysine, iron

Redetha1

I just don't know...all I know is the heat we are having (89 today) is killing me.  However, when it rains and the weather changes, all my joints ache like crazy and I feel exhausted.  Wish I were a genie and I could wave a magic wand for all of us.

DragonflyC

It might be related to Raynaud's.  I know that my hands swell when it's hot and shrink when it's cold (both reactions are uncomfortable).  I notice similar reactions in my other joints, especially my knees, shoulders, and feet.  Even if it isn't Raynaud's (does it affect more than the hands?), I think it's a similar/related reaction. 

eyeamdry

Liz, my husband also makes comments relating to me and the weather etc.  Nothing bad, just his observations, which I don't necessarily take as gospel.  But since your hubby does the same, maybe they do notice more than we think.  Lucy

Patze

#4
Hi Liz, the longer this mess goes on, the more painful it gets.  It's not the fibro pain mainly, but pain from the swelling ankles, toes, and fingers (got to love the painful joints  ::)).

Hi Dragonfly, you're right, Reynard's does affect more than just the hands.  It can affect the feet, the nose, and the lips too; and it probably affects other things that they just haven't figured out yet.  I often joke about my hands and feet matching my blue jeans when it's chilly, and very swollen when it's warm.  I just wish the doctors would have figured out something to help the sufferers (it that even a word? :D).


Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen