News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

My wonderful husband

Started by jaygee, May 21, 2009, 01:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaygee

I told him all my wories tonight.  Why I'm so cranky in the mornings (always tired).  Showed him a print out of the symptoms and what my doctor has said.  I cried when I told him how I am always so tired, but that I don't like admitting this, as because to most people I look well - I am worried people will think I am just lazy.

He knows how much my horses and dogs mean to me, but I told him I am worried that if he has to work away, I don't think I can manage to walk the dogs and look after my horses on my own  :'(   But my animals are everything to me. 

Told him I am tired of how much I hurt everywhere, and how - when I get out of bed in a morning, or have sat still for 45 mins or longer, it embarasses me how I limp and walk so awkwardly.

He was just so wonderful.  He insists on attending my next rheumy visits.  I love him so much for caring and showing it.   xx

jonnell

Good for you.  Im glad you have such a caring and loving husband, it makes it so much easier when the men in our lives help us and understand.  Hugs and Kissess   Jonnell and Jenna

dbab

I'm happy that you have such a supportive husband.  It really does make managing all of this so much better.

Mine is supportive although he's yet to go to an appt with me.  I don't really talk about how I feel with him just because to me he doesn't seem interested, but that may just be me being overly sensitive.  He does acknowledge that I'm sick and have limitations.

He even got watery eyes one time when talking with our neighbor about how he would wonder why the heck I would just come home and sleep after work implying that he thought I was lazy LOL (our neighbor's daughter has lupus).  He knows that isn't the case and he felt awful for feeling like that.  He' not an overly emotional person anyway, very stoic at times so I take them (his emotions) when I can get them LOL.

jaygee

Thank you, guys.  He says now he knows more he will try hard to be understanding.  He's a great guy.  xx

lynnmarie219

Hi Jaygee,


Your right....he is a great guy! Hold on to him!  ;)

Rhonda

Jaygee- I am so glad you have a wonderful husband.  I know how much it means to have a husband who is involved in your diagnosis.  I was just diagnosed a couple of months ago and my husband has been to every appointment with me since.  He has read everything he can about it and helps me out as much as possible.  It is certainly a blessing for me to have someone who may not be able to understand all I am going through but at least empathizes with me and tries his best to understand.

Hats off to wonderful husbands! 

Billydude

You are lucky in that Jaydee.   Many of us have partners that aren't all that understanding.   Mine is not too bad but doesn't really take the time to understand the disease.   He always rolls his eyes when I complain about how hot I am feeling.   I try not to talk about it too much but when dealing with this takes up 100 per cent of my thoughts its hard not to vocalize.
Regarding your dogs and horses....   My sister-in-law has fibromyalgia and has 5 dogs and 3 horses.   She had a long time friend that came to live on the property to help out.   She lives in a small trailer behind the house and lives rent free but takes care of the ranch and all the animals.    I say this just to let you know that sometimes there are alternitive situations that can help you out when you are stuck.   Just put it out to the universe and perhaps the solution with appear.   I know that sounds California new-agery but since I'm in California I can't resist.
Steve

wen.uk

Hi Jaygee

I am so pleased that you have such a great and understanding hubby - makes life so much easier for us when we are having bad times with the SjS.  You did the right thing telling him how you feel after all how can they be of support to us when they are not fully in the picture.  Took me a good few months before I poured my heart to mine, he then went to a clinician appt with me where she spent an hour talking and explaining things to him.  Ever since then he has been a tower of strength, I am another very lucky lady.

Tell you what - how about organising a special date and post for us all to say a few words of thanks to our other halves or other close family members then let them see just how much we appreciate all their care and concern.  We can e-mail them the link then let them read at their leisure. ....... just a thought.
Wen x