News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

keeping a job and sjs?

Started by jas1223, May 19, 2009, 12:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAU

I'm 26 and I was just diagnosed yesterday. I've known something was wrong for years, that I just shouldn't be THIS tired all the time. well I totally haven't been able to hold down a real job. In fact, the only job I can do is topless dancing because I can sleep all day, work 2 nights a week, and not show up if I just can't make it without getting in trouble. I'm lucky that I'm even able to do that, I can't imagine what trying to get by otherwise although I definitely want to try to accomplish my goals from college still. I just feel like I needed a diagnosis, for people to know that I'm not making it up, and now I can work on a plan to manage this. Now that I know I really want to fight it like many of you on this board do!

Linda196

Hello LAU, welcome to Sjogren's World.

When you were finally diagnosed, was there any suggestion for treatment? The usual first approach is Plaquenil, and it's a life saver for a lot of people, although it takes some time to become effective (maybe up to 6 months). OTC treatments for dryness are most beneficial, but very individual, so each of us has to experiment to find the one(s) that work best for us. Meanwhile, as you've discovered, lifestyle changes that allow rest is very important, and you may find it helpful to "optimize" your nutrition and general health.

Get involved here, reading and posting, and never worry that anyone here thinks you're making it up, because we all understand very well.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https:https://sjogrensworld.org/index.php?board=30.0

wednesday mc haggis

LAU

welcome to the forum Honey.

Yup can relate to that feeling of exhaustion, as can everyone here, not easy.

  Good your employers can work round you and you can rest during day, strange so many ppl have more energy in the evening with SJS and as like roadkill till then.

feel free to post up any questions or worries, or just rant, we all have and do

T x

lynnmarie219

LAU,

Just want to you to Sjogrens World....read all you can or want to and ask any other questions that come up. We all understand here because we all live with the same "stuff".....just different levels of symptoms!

Welcome to the family!

Scottietottie

Hi LAU  :)

Welcome from me too.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)


Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!