News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Easy to clean humidifier

Started by Wal, December 09, 2016, 04:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wal

Anyone have any good recommendations for easy to clean cool
Mist  humidifiers?

irish

Try the little personal Hunter humidifier that is about 25 bucks. I bought mine at Menards a couple of years ago. It uses a plastic pop bottle and I use distilled water in mine and seldom have to clean it.I do wipe it off with light vinegar cloth at times.

This is a small humidifier and it would work to have a couple in the rooms you use the most. Easy to move around also. The cost is about the same as some of the bigger but hard to clean humidifiers. Also these big humidifiers need filters often. The personal humidifiers generally don't need a filter.

There are also some newer personal humidifiers that also use plastic pop or water bottles. Good luck in your qwest. Irish

Pete0211

#2
I have two evaporative humidifiers that were designed with cleaning in mind.

First is the Honeywell Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier. I've used these for a couple of years, and are great, but they are simply on/off (no humidistat to control humidity levels). The base and the reservoir can be cleaned easily in the dishwasher (upper rack per instructions, but I use the lower rack without issue).

I wanted the humidistat functionality to set a humidity level, and found the Vornado EV100  and EVDC500 (this seems to be unavailable lately). These are very easy to clean (cannot use the dishwasher, but are designed for easy cleaning). The EV100 is a little loud for my tastes, so I don't use it in my bedroom (where I use the EVDC500 which is awesome).
Male 49 y/o; Undergoing Primary SJS diagnosis process; Cevimeline, Ubiquinol, Restasis

Carolina

My Honeywell Quiet Care has two tanks (easier to fill than one big one), and a single large filter which I change frequently.

We use the bacteriocide,but really the water goes through so quickly (I keep the humidity as high as possible) that calcium and other mineral deposits don't form.

I have had humidifiers since long before I had true dryness....and there's one on the heating system as well.

Key to my survival.

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,83-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea)-COPD-Inter. Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Erythromelalgia-SIBO-PMR-Adrenal Insufficiency-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Bacteriurea-Power Chair-IVIG Gamunex 50 gm-Medrol-Wellbutrin-Buspar-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Salagen-LDN-Lipitor-Premarin-Nexium-Om.3-Repatha-KLOR-CON-Maxide