News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Excessive forehead sweating

Started by Jenny, November 15, 2016, 04:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenny

No matter the temperature, my forehead is constantly wet. Not only embarrassing, but very hard to keep my hair looking decent. Is this a Sjogrens symptom or just another of my many woes?
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

gurs

Jenny,

Could be the SS or hormonal changes....maybe both?

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

sixty

I have the same problem!  I also am sweating just above my lips and have never had that problem before.  I hate it because as you said it's very embarrassing.  The last time I went shopping I was waiting in line sweating and I needed to wipe my forehead with my shirt sleeve and then I had to wipe my lower face.  I tried to do it when people weren't watching, lol!  It's so weird because I look around at all the other shoppers and nobody looks hot at all. Well I think it's Sjogrens that causes it.

Fanciefrancie

I understand your difficulties!  My head and face sweat so easily now.  It is embarrassing and uncomfortable. 
Mother of 3, Lupus, Secondary Sjogren's, dx 2015, Plaquenil, Celexa, Vyvanse, Vit D, Wine

Positive SS-A ( > 8 ) and ANA (>1:640)

Sweetcheex76

My rheumatologist said I could take an extra Evoxac a day to help saliva production. She then said that my face would sweat more and, of course, it does. Maybe you're having the excess sweating due to any medication you take to make saliva?
Sjogren's, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Reynaud's, Fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, ocular rosacea, rosacea, endometriosis, ADHD, anxiety, depression, pre-diabetes.

Plaquenil, Cevimeline, Restasis, Metformin,  Vyvanse, Xiidra, prescription ibuprofen, Vitamin D

sixty

Not me Sweetcheex, I don't take any saliva meds.  Thanks anyway!

Jenny

65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

StevenB

That was a big problem of mine for quite awhile but seems to have passed.
I've had quite a few different things that have been a major problem then after
Awhile just go away.

Liz D.

Same problem!  It's so embarrassing especially since my hair is so thin now.  Makes me look even more bald!  If anyone comes up with a solution, please let us know.  I may try waiting to take my Evoxac after I'm showered and have done my hair.  Glad I'm not alone.

Liz D.
60 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 200 mg; Levoxyl 100mcg; Evoxac, Symbicort, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., vitamins, calcium, flaxseed/cod liver oil, L- lysine, iron