News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Does this sound like Sjorgen's?

Started by Derekhhh, December 06, 2016, 05:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derekhhh

Hey all,
I grew up in a dry state- Colorado.  I remember I had to use Dandriff shampoo... and I remember my skin getting really dry.  I also had dry eyes and couldn't walk through a shopping mall without giving my eyes a break from the air conditioning blowing on them.
Now I've had a bigger problem which started when I moved to Asia at the age of 24.  To sum in up, whenever I speak for a period of time (like 15 minutes), I get pain in the back of my nose (nasopharynx area), my throat feels swollen, my eyelids swell and I get fatigued.  If I overdo it with talking, I feel a headache, and fatigued and need to sleep.  Ive seen 15 doctors- no one has been able to diagnose me.  I went back to America but the problem continued.  Also, if I wear a surgical mask, I feel relief about 70%, so I think it has something to do with moisture.
I recently discovered this disease.  Does it sound right?  I'm especially perplexed about the thing where, when I talk for some time, I feel pain in my nasopharynx, get tired, red eyes, etc.  If it's Sjorgen's  what medication do you think I could use?
Thanks for the help!

Joe S.

Welcome to the forum. Dry Eyes, dry nose, dry mouth, dry skin and dry bum (@$$) the classic definition of the disease. It is usually diagnosed by process of elimination. Average time to Dx is 7 years. Good luck on getting a diagnosis.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

jazzlover



Welcome!

Sometimes it just takes awhile for it to show up in testing. Not all tests are accurate, that is for sure.

I don't take any meds specifically for Sjogren's (not Sjorgren's) .. everything just makes me feel worse.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

trejonina

Hi,take the Schirmer's eye test, that should help diagnosis,it did it for me+ fatigue. pain etc.