News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Frankincense?

Started by sickfck, November 15, 2016, 11:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sickfck

Has anyone ever tried ingesting frankincense oil to lower inflammation?

Lotus1

I've tried frankincense & myrrh oils on the bottom of my feet as treatment for lymphoma.

My body didn't like these oils, my dry eyes/mouth seemed to get dryer.

May try a little oil behind my ears.

Myrrh oil I read may help mucous membranes.

The oils may help you, can only try.

Lotus1

sickfck

Thanks! I read a study about people taking it orally, but did more research and deciding oral administration is not something I want to try at this time.  I've been applying it on my neck, temples, and feet.  No changes either way so far.  My main symptoms right now are dry mouth and fatigue.  I'm also losing a lot of hair, but I have PCOS too, so it could be from that.

Lotus1

The wife of Ty Bollinger, the author of the book 'The truth about cancer' (now in books shops) puts both frankincense & myrrh oils on lymph nodes (I need to find out where they are!) as well as behind ears apparently.

I'm still trialing the sea buckthorn berry oil for my dry eyes/mouth, such  a nuisance when trying to carry on working.

I use ambrotose complex for fatigue & other things.

All the best.....

Lotus1

irish

I don't think I would rush into ingesting these. Anything that is an oil with great fragrance can not be good to ingest because the fumes will go down into the lungs very easily. My opinion. Irish

DonnCast

I use Frankincense oil combined with coconut oil for various things.  Over this past year I have had styes in my eyelids 5 times, and at my doctor's advice, used antibiotic eye drops and warm, moist compresses. But when I began to dab some of the coconut-Frankincense oil on the affected eyelid, it really helped speed up the healing process, bringing the stye to a head and drying it up.  I have also used Frankincense oil on scars and any inflamed area on my skin, but I have not ingested it, just used it topically with great results.
Primary Sjogrens since 2000, have taken Plaquenil on and off, but currently not taking it.  Barrett's esophagus; adult onset asthma, Sleep apnea.  Probiotics, pantaprozole, tenoretic, Evoxac, Multi-V, collagen, D, B, Fish Oil, various homeopathic blends

quietdynamics

I looked at your post because I have one remaining Frankincense and Myrhh candle which I keep in my 'undies' drawer for the wonderful scent.

Here is part of an article on ingesting Frankincense;


"Medical herbalist Martin Watt is very concerned about the claims made about frankincense oil being used as cure for cancer3. I like to think of Martin Watt as the consumer watchdog of fraudulent aromatherapy claims. In his article "Frankincense essential oil and claims for its cancer curing activity made by distributors of Young Living and Do Terra." he says that the FDA has issued warning letters to these companies to stop making such claims4.

Watt is very concerned at the practice of ingesting frankincense essential oil because, as he points out, toluene, a known neurotoxin, is often found in frankincense essential oil at around 0.1% this equates to 1000 parts per million3. 100-250ppm of toluene is commonly found in many resin-based essential oils. Some researchers claim it is a naturally occurring constituent, however, Watt suggests that toluene may be a result of the degradation of the raw material during extraction – or it may be a contaminant3. As such, he recommends that until further studies into the origins of toluene in frankincense oil are completed, it is not a good idea to take frankincense oil internally as recommended by distributors"

As the site sells items you will need to copy and past:  perfectpotion.com.au/news/general_news/the-truth-about-frankincense
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Joe S.

In my studies suggest that you should never ingest an essential oil.

Their are charts of your lymph system. Massage is taught that you move the flow to the waist. I usually strip the sides of my neck, across to my shoulder, under my arms and down my ribs to my waist. Then from my feet up my legs to my waist.

Good luck on your quest.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

sickfck


Maria3667

As a matter of interest, I tried Boswellia extract to combat osteoarthritis and find its very helpful. But the side effect is anxiety... So that's another supplement to cross off my list.
54. DES-daughter ('67), Lyme's ('98), GAD ('98), Sjogren's ('02) - changed to Sicca ('20), hypothyroid ('04), endometriosis ('14), osteoarthritis ('16), blepharitis & MGD ('18), Pilocarpine, thyroid meds, 12.5mg quetiapine. Allergies: sodium hydroxide, nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

jazzlover

I used to use essential oils .. no way I can go near them now.

Ingesting them ? I would suggest not to.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease