News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Need help for UTI pain?

Started by Deb 27, November 11, 2016, 07:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb 27

I had a UTI a few weeks ago but it came back. I've been back on antibiotics since wednesday but the pain is really bad. It's a deep ache in the bladder area. The stinging and burning has gone away but the dull ache has not. I am suspecting my bladder is also inflamed. Any thoughts for natural remedies?? I took some advil last night and it didn't help much at all. I feel lousy overall too, a bit feverish even though I don't have a fever. Of course, no energy.

I missed several doses of my plaquenil this past month. Sometimes I wonder if this has caused a flare affecting the bladder. My kidneys don't hurt.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

Carolina

I have Interstitial Cystitis and had chronic UTIs, with rebound pain after a course of antibiotics.

1.  For pain, gentle exercise in a heated pool works wonders.  Yeah, go figure, but it does for me.  And I'm a slug at heart.

2.  D-Mannose, literally a sugar pills, stopped my UTIs completely 3.5 years ago.

Hugs,  Elaine

Female-Elaine,83-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea)-COPD-Inter. Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Erythromelalgia-SIBO-PMR-Adrenal Insufficiency-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Bacteriurea-Power Chair-IVIG Gamunex 50 gm-Medrol-Wellbutrin-Buspar-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Salagen-LDN-Lipitor-Premarin-Nexium-Om.3-Repatha-KLOR-CON-Maxide

sickfck

I don't know of natural remedies, but when I had this problem before, this is the only thing that helped: http://www.azoproducts.com/products/azo-urinary-pain-relief.  If anyone knows of a natural remedy, please share, because this stuff isn't good for long term use.

Deb 27

Thanks Carolina. I had slacked off of the D-mannose but I will definitely try a warm bath tonight!!! I'm done with the antibiotics but I still have some burning in my bladder area. The infection is supposed to be gone. We've suspected I might have IC but I haven't had the confirmation with a cystoscope. I get this sometimes and then it will go away.

sickfck, thank you as well. This has gone on too long to be on azo. I'm hoping in time, this will go away. Caffeine and or artificial sweeteners seem to really make it worse.

Thanks again for your replies.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.