News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Getting a little anxious ...

Started by Pete0211, November 02, 2016, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete0211

Sorry - just need to vent/sound off. I don't live with anyone, nor do I have anyone in this area to talk with, so you guys are it :)

Friday is my 2nd visit to the rheumy. I leave tomorrow afternoon for the 2 1/2 hour drive out to Chapel Hill, and I'm starting to get antsy for answers. I realize that others have gone much longer with no answers, but considering this appointment was original for last Friday (doc had to cancel), I'm feeling overdue. I'm also a feeling a bit betrayed by life / my body since I thought I was out of the fire (for a while at least) after last years discovery of, and surgery for, parathyroid disease that was close to killing me.

The parathyroid disease also left me with large stones, one in each kidney. The right side was taken care of last year (luckily through ultrasound shock wave), but the one still in the left kidney is too large and not in a good spot, so they are going to have to go through my back to get it out, and I need this done in the next few weeks. I'm not looking forward to spending a couple of days in the hospital (nor the costs of doing so), and I'm especially wound up about anesthesia and my dryness issues.

I try to keep looking for the good things - I otherwise healthy, nothing seems to be a complete unknown medically-wise, the weather is nice ...

Anyway - thanks for giving me a spot to vent, and if you read it, sorry to have taken up that time in your day!

Pete

Male 49 y/o; Undergoing Primary SJS diagnosis process; Cevimeline, Ubiquinol, Restasis

Judie P

Hey, Pete.  I don't think I ever go to a doctor's appointment without a little anxiety.  I get anxious because I don't know if they are going to help me or not know anything about anything.  I used to travel that amount of time to get to Stanford University when I did not know I had Sjs and they were removing polyps from my uterus.  Last year I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and was nervous about anesthesia.  Sailed through it.

Answers are important and the sooner we get a doctor that understands and helps, we stay a bit anxious.  I am hoping you get some answers or at least some direction of help.  When Einstein was asked how he felt after trying something 200 times and it did not work, he answered with, "I am excited because I know I am getting closer to an answer."  Think about this as getting closer to the answer.  Hugs, J
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops

Pete0211

Oh well. All tests were negative - but at least I know I don't have non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, among other things.

Next up is a visit to the ENT for the lip biposy, a kidney biopsy when I get a stone removed, and a trip to the opthomologist for my eyes. Wheeeeeeeee!
Male 49 y/o; Undergoing Primary SJS diagnosis process; Cevimeline, Ubiquinol, Restasis

trejonina

Hi Pete,you need to drink a lot of water, more than normal amount. Ask md. about coconut milk for your condition.... Good luck!

Pete0211

Hi Trejonina,

Thanks for your suggestions!

I drink a gallon of water per day, give or take a quart.  If you subscribe to the water needs of .5 oz / 1 oz per lb of bodyweight, I'm clocking in at .5 oz / lb / day at the low end simply by drinking (not including the water content in foods, which is probably another quart or so). I was drinking too much water for the first six weeks or so of suffering my initial dryness attack.

What does the coconut water do, for which conidition(s)?

Male 49 y/o; Undergoing Primary SJS diagnosis process; Cevimeline, Ubiquinol, Restasis