News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Eyelashes: broken short and not growing, now what

Started by Carolina, October 03, 2016, 08:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina

Dearest Sjogren's Angels,

I just Googled my problem:  AGE, medications, blepharitis, just a few of the causes I'm dealing with.

So they are almost gone.  I noticed it the last two times I put on mascara.  The bottom lashes are completely gone in some places.

If I didn't have so many other things going on, or were 20 years younger, I would be grieving big time.

As it is, I just pile it in with my other griefs, and cary on.

Is it worth all this constant disappointment?   Well, time to 'sit with the Buddha', which for me means Patience, Persistence and Acceptance.  And a reminder to keep breathing.

I was actually thinking of having my eyeliner tattooed on my eye lids....but now I think that time is long past.  And it probably isn't such a good idea, considering all my 'issues'.

I've only had dry eyes for 14 years (my first symptom) and giving up contacts was so hard.  But I could continue with eye make up............but now not much to put the make up on!

I know others have experienced this.  I remember commenting that my Blepharitis caused my lashes to CURL and that was fun.  Long ago.  But curling was a precursor to breaking off and disappearing.

Well I've enjoyed it all.  I'm not wearing false eye lashes......I guess there are eyelash extensions (glued on) but I've got barely anything to EXTEND.

Ok enough whining for today.

Hugs, Elaine
Female-Elaine,83-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea)-COPD-Inter. Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Erythromelalgia-SIBO-PMR-Adrenal Insufficiency-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Bacteriurea-Power Chair-IVIG Gamunex 50 gm-Medrol-Wellbutrin-Buspar-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Salagen-LDN-Lipitor-Premarin-Nexium-Om.3-Repatha-KLOR-CON-Maxide

araminta

You could try castor oil on them (pure organic pharmaceutical grade).   It's supposed to help with hair growth. :)
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, occasional labyrinthitis,  dry skin , mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue, IBS.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Omega 3 algal oil, multivitamins, Evolve eye drops, Xailin eye ointment,  moisturiser (Instituto Espanol 10% urea).

jazzlover

Maybe the mascara is part of the cause? I gave up all makeup several years ago. My lashes look better now.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

Deborah

Elaine:

Since starting Restasis my eyelashes have actually grown, no falling out or breaking of any kind. I do have thinning hair on my head which I believe the Vitamin D3 supplements are helping.

Good Luck,
Debby
Female 65, Diagnosed Sicca Syndrome 2011

Restasis, Celexa, Flaxseed, D3, Calcium

SjoDry

Elaine,

Awhile back..I was having a mani/pedi and was talking to the gal as she did my nails. I happened to notice that she had incredibly long eyelashes. I commented on them & asked if they were real?

She told me that she had been using a product called Max 2 Tonic Essence Gold. It is described as providing healthy hair regeneration & strengthening eyelashes. I ordered it from Amazon.

It really works. It took 4-6 weeks before I noticed it working...but it has definitely helped my previously sickly & almost non-existent lashes.

So sorry that you are having so many things to deal with.

Take care.
SjoDry

Blomst

#5
I have tried a couple of eyelash serums that actually make a huge difference! The first time I tried a serum it was purely for vanity reasons, not because of previous breakage. Then I had eyelash extensions for a while (not because I wasn't happy with the length provided by the serum, but because my lashes are blond and wispy), and the last time the beautician did a really bad job, damaging my lashes BADLY. I used a serum to grow them out again, and now people are asking me if I started using extensions again because my lashes are so long. The way the serums work is they make the lash stay in longer before it falls out (and all lashes grow continually before they fall out, therefore they will get longer than normal when they "live" longer). I honestly never thought something like that could work before trying them myself, as it does seem like "magic in a bottle" and too good to be true. But they really, honestly do work. The two types I've tried are NeuLash and LiLash. Both available online. (Right now I'm using another one which is also great, but only available in my country I think.) I've also heard similar reviews for RevitaLash, but haven't tried it myself. Maybe you could try one of these?