News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Red grapes, blueberries, for MGD

Started by araminta, September 21, 2016, 08:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

araminta

Hello, my ophthalmologist has told me I have MGD, and I read online that red grapes, blueberries and some other berries can help.   Has anyone here had good results with eating these - and how many did you eat each day?!
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, occasional labyrinthitis,  dry skin , mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue, IBS.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Omega 3 algal oil, multivitamins, Evolve eye drops, Xailin eye ointment,  moisturiser (Instituto Espanol 10% urea).

Wal

Didn't know this. I have MGD as well. Retain drops help immensely. You can find them at CVS and some other drug stores here in US. Also, thera pearl eye mask at night before bed along with massages afterwards. My eyes have gotten significantly better.

araminta

Thanks for your advice, Wal.   I did use a heated mask + massage every day for about 3 months with no result.  I haven't tried Retain, I'll bear that in mind.    I've just started using Hylo Forte drops.   But whatever I do I end the day with red eyes!   Anyway I'm starting to eat some grapes and blueberries every day and I'll report back if I make a breakthrough.
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, occasional labyrinthitis,  dry skin , mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue, IBS.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Omega 3 algal oil, multivitamins, Evolve eye drops, Xailin eye ointment,  moisturiser (Instituto Espanol 10% urea).

SjoGirl

Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Wal

Mebobian gland dysfunction. The Retain drops are designed specifically for MGD.