News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Paget's/breast cancer

Started by brooks1teacher, March 21, 2015, 03:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brooks1teacher

I am 44 and the doctor this morning suggested that I may have Paget's disease which is a type of breast cancer. I am not at all surprised by this due to the presentation in my left breast for the past few months. My nipple/areola area is red, flaky and itches. There is sometimes pain.

I knew this was a possibility and was just hoping that my problem was just some crazy dry skin issue and maybe it really is. You never know, right?

So I am going for a mammo and ultrasound on Monday to see if they can find any cancer elsewhere in the breast. Paget's presents almost like a rash on one's nipple area. Often there is cancer in another part of the same breast.

The doctor is scheduling me for a biopsy and I'll hear on Monday about the date that will be scheduled, hopefully in the next two weeks or so.

I am just wondering if anyone else here has had Paget's; I searched and found nothing but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Positive vibes would be welcome and I'll post again once I have had the biopsy.

Thanks,
B
2014: Probable Sjogren's, Fibromyalgia, & Possible Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, 2013: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Small Stroke Left Cerebellum, 2012: RNY Gastric Bypass, NASH Cirrhosis, & 2005: MS.  Meds:  Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Lexapro, Baclofen, Vitamins, No Alcohol or Soda

Head2Toe

So sorry you have to add this to your already full plate :(  Sending a ton of positive energy, and will be holding you in my heart.
Female-57; Endometriosis (dx-1977); Cervical Osteoarthritis (dx 2014); Laryngeal Reflux (dx 2015); Seronegative & Negative Lip Biopsy

litliwlowa

Sending tons of Prayers up on your behalf.

Had my round with BC last year - not Paget's though.

Please keep us posted.
SJS-Primary; Hashi's, Post surgical hypothyroidism, Hypoparathyroidism, Spondylolithesis, L&C Facet Arthropathy, Fibro, gluten intolerance, TBI, Radiculopathies, Neuralgias, Osteopenia, GERD, Asthma, Allergies. Sphincter Dyssynergia. OSA, Fasciitis, Cervical Spondylosis, Cancer, etc etc etc

susanep

You are in my prayers for a good outcome.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

PattyAnn

Keeping you in my thoughts during this very hard time, and many well wishes for a good outcome.

Poppy

I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. Sending you my very best wishes.

cccourt1942

Brooksie:
  Know you are enmeshed in this special sister/brotherhood!  You are in our thoughts and prayers.  Could Paget's be the root of some of your other ailments?  Never heard of it.  Let us know asap.
  Signed, Concerned c3
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene

Kathy57

B,

I hope everything comes back negative!   But .............if it doesn't then catch it very soon, and treat it and conquer it!

Still hoping that it is all just a scare.  Let us know how it goes.

Kathy
66 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations, Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, albuterol, Breztri,  Osteoporosis,

Liz D.

How are you doing, brooks1teacher? Did your results come back yet?

I have similar problems with just one breast as well but it is usually in the wintertime so I've always chalked it up to dry skin.

I'm anxious to see what your results are and what doc said.

Thank you,
Liz D.
60 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 200 mg; Levoxyl 100mcg; Evoxac, Symbicort, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., vitamins, calcium, flaxseed/cod liver oil, L- lysine, iron

brooks1teacher

Apparently there was nothing new on the mammo and I guess the u/s didn't show anything else either, from what I guess. I haven't seen the actual report to read it.

I see a breast surgeon on Wednesday afternoon and we'll see if she orders an MRI, does a small skin scraping, or we just get an appointment set up for a punch biopsy of the nipple and areola.

One step at a time is my path for now.

From my understanding from others who have been dx with Paget's  mammos, u/s, and often even MRIs do not show any other tumors elsewhere in the breast. I am not letting my imagination go into catastrophe mode or anything but I am just taking it all in and heading down the track to see what is next.

Thanks for the messages and support,
B
2014: Probable Sjogren's, Fibromyalgia, & Possible Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, 2013: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Small Stroke Left Cerebellum, 2012: RNY Gastric Bypass, NASH Cirrhosis, & 2005: MS.  Meds:  Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Lexapro, Baclofen, Vitamins, No Alcohol or Soda