News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Starting Imuran tomorrow ..any advice?

Started by lane, March 27, 2015, 05:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lane

Well, after being misdiagnosed with osteoarthritis, changing doctors, getting diagnosed with dermatomyositis with anti-synthetase syndrome, treatment was delayed while my new rheumy had surgeon biopsy for lymphoma. He did ct scan instead and found swollen glands back to normal so no biopsy. NOW I  am starting Imuran in the morning.    Does anyone have advice about taking this medication.   Eat big breakfast or not....any time of day better than any other?? Any warnings?
F 68 HBP,T2diabetes,Prim SJS dx 1996/pilocarpine- 2015-dermatomyositis+ anti-synthetase syndrome. Methotrexate, cellcept, plaquenil,.Lovastatin,atenolol,HTZ,losartin,potassium,Vit D,fish oil,primrose oil,cranberry,cinnamon,alpha lipoic  acid, magnesium,vit.B complex, centrum,coQ10

SueAnn

I took Imuran for about 2 1/2 years with the whole dose at lunch time.  The dosage had to be tweaked up, but I really felt good.  I did not have any noticeable side effects and then my liver enzymes started to rise.   Make sure to get your monthly blood work done.   I wish I was still able to be on it.   I just had to stop Cellcept because I believe it is causing bladder infections.

Good luck!

SueAnn   
Sjs
LDN, Plaquenil, Evoxac, Prednisone, Restasis..
Vit B complex, calcium, Vit D
Female - 50ish

lane

Monthly blood work?  I see an email to my rheumy in my future.   Thank you Sue Ann. 
F 68 HBP,T2diabetes,Prim SJS dx 1996/pilocarpine- 2015-dermatomyositis+ anti-synthetase syndrome. Methotrexate, cellcept, plaquenil,.Lovastatin,atenolol,HTZ,losartin,potassium,Vit D,fish oil,primrose oil,cranberry,cinnamon,alpha lipoic  acid, magnesium,vit.B complex, centrum,coQ10