News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Product recommendations for us SSs.

Started by Pinkfish, April 23, 2014, 03:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Helene ..... I take Super Bio Curcumin 400 mg from Life Extensions. It comes in capsules. Turmeric is difficult to absorb. The Super Bio Curcumin is especially formulated Turmuric for increased absorption. I take 1 capsule twice a day. It is helped my joint pain and stiffness immensely and it has completely gotten rid of my Interstitial Cystitis. It also got rid of the bilateral calf erythema I had last summer and the lower extremity edema I had last summer.
ANA 1:160; SS-A+; MSG +; Plaquenil, Rituxan infusions, Restasis, HRT, Curcumin, Calcium, CoQ10, NAC, Resveratrol, Whole Omega, Omega 3, R Lipoic Acid, Acetyl L Carnitine, Krill Oil, Mag. Threonate, Bio-Collagen UC II, NAD+, & Vit A, B, C, D, E, K 1 & 2.

Thea

About Turmeric--look for a curcumin supplement in a health food store. I was told by a science-sort friend of mine that curcumin in absorbed better if it is with cayenne pepper in the capsule.

I tried it, but it hurt my very-touchy stomach. I'm going to try again if I can get my stomach better in the next while.

This is probably more for arthritis than SS, but I know there are a lot of us with sore hands on this board. I use a paraffin wax bath for my hands--right up and over the wrists once or twice a week. It feels just wonderful. If you put a salve on underneath the wax, it really moisturizes as well. You can buy the set up in the beauty department of any drugstore.
Inflammatory osteoarthritis, dx Nov 2013, Secondary SS (sero-neg) dx Feb 2013, Type 2 Diabetes (diet controlled), Post-Viral Syndrome (lungs); Hydroxychloroquine, Restassis, Omega 3 oils, Optive Advanced, Biotene, fluoride gel, MI Paste