News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

For the ladies:dryness corresponding with menstrual cycle?

Started by sickmama, May 04, 2014, 08:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sickmama

I can't say I've found a definitive pattern, more like a loose pattern associated with my dryness and my menstrual cycle. Typically around mid cycle I get drier in the mouth and eyes and then it lets up some post period. Anyone else notice this type of pattern? I should add I'm 34 and am still very regular, although my cycles seem to be changing and becoming lighter with less mucus and bleeding. Don't know if that's sjogrens related or increasing age.any thoughts on dryness and your period? 
Citalopram, Plaquenil, Low Dose Naltrexone, Rx Fish Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Biotears, Biotene, Systane Overnight Gel, Magnesium, Seabuckthorn, Vitamin D, Turmeric capsules, Methyl-B complex

machenza


JL23

Well im only 24 and I have noticed that too so its probably not just age related. I have noticed recenly my menstruals have been lighter and shorter than they were previously. Sometimes only 2 days.

gurs

That is because your estrogen levels drop at this time......after my hysterectomy and instant menopause with almost NO estrogen, that is why im extremely, extremely, dry. Its just a nightmare. I thought I was dry before? ha!

If you can eat soy, maybe every month before your cycle starts, try eating soy, or other natural estrogen based foods..that might help.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

gemini052377

Yes! To all the above comments, and I am also 36...was wondering if it was from cyclical hormone changes...Thanks for the advice Gursie


Take care,
Mary
Mary-Primary Sjogren' s, Hashimoto' s Auto Immune Thyroid, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Reynauds, and busy mom of 4 kiddos :)