News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Medication Withdrawal; appt not until Tuesday

Started by annanoel, October 11, 2013, 04:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annanoel

Hello, everyone!

One of the many medications I am prescribed is Vyvanse 30mg [for adult ADD and severe fatigue]. My doctor's office will be closed until Monday, and because ADD medications are classified as "controlled substances," I would require a physical prescription (he cannot simply call it in to the pharmacy).

I have two pills left and am going to try to skip today, take one Saturday, skip Sunday, take one Monday, and then I will be able to get it filled Tuesday. This way, my withdrawal symptoms will not be as severe on Sunday and Monday.

In the meantime, how do you suggest I deal with this awful dull headache and body aches that are already occurring from medication withdrawal? I know I am terribly irresponsible for letting it run out but it is so difficult keeping track of medications, particularly on ones you can't get refills on!

Cassi307

How does viva see work? For example Concerta only stays in your body for a certain number of hours. Is it the same?
Sjogren's, seronegative RA,  ckd, hyperparathyroidism, asthma,  osteoporosis,  Meds:  amlodipine, low dose Prednisone, calcium, sodium bicarbonate. Also, multivitamin and B complex

lolokonoki

#2
I don't know what the widthdrawl is like from vyvanse but I googled " withdrawal at home" and there was a kind of protocol with Imodium, Benadryl and some other things.

I would definitely look it up, I'm surprised your doctor did not suggest anything you could do while waiting

Also, can you take 1/2 pills until your appointment?

Again, I know nothing about vyvanse or withdrawal from it. Good luck

Lolo
Primary Sjogrens, Lupus, RA, Fibromyalgia and Seizures too! Current Meds: Methotrexate, Cevimeline, Oxycontin, Baclofen, Folic Acid, Tizanidine, Oxycodone, Toperimate and Humiera

lighthouse33

Maybe the information provided at the site below can help you out?

Vyvanse Withdrawal

http://www.drugsdb.com/rx/vyvanse/vyvanse-withdrawal/
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products