News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Father-in-law and flare

Started by finallyadx, October 10, 2013, 06:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finallyadx

Hi all - I read a post earlier today about a member losing her father-in-law recently and thought I would share that my father-in-law was rushed to Maine Med Sunday night with a tear in his aorta...quite serious, almost lost him.  He is in stable condition right now but has a long road ahead of him if he continues to do well each day. 

As we all know worrying, crying (what tears we can cry) and being stressed out sends many of us into a flare - well, last night I started with the wierd almost vibrating sensation my body gives me when I am starting a flare, numbness and tingling, extreme fatigue, GI issues, the whole nine yards.

Just wanted to vent and ask for your positive thoughts and prayers to help my family and I get through this terror...both physically and mentally.

Thank you.
Primary ss dx 2013, plaquenil, vitamin d, iron supplements, vitamin b12, d-mannose for chronic UTI's, magnesium for heart palpatations and Zinc

Joe S.

I hope that all goes well for your FIL. What helps you get out of a flair?
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

wisconsin41

Sitting here hoping you get through this quickly...
Eyes:Restasis,Alrex; Plaquenil,Evoxac(sort of), Nexium, Zolpidem, Naproxen

finallyadx

Joe S - I just try to rest a bit more when in a flare and hope for the best soon...if really (and I mean really) bad, I can call my rheumy for prednisone but try everything else first before even thinking about it.  Any suggestions from you, I certainly will listen and try.  You seem to have many great suggestions.

Wisconsin - thanks for your thoughts.
Primary ss dx 2013, plaquenil, vitamin d, iron supplements, vitamin b12, d-mannose for chronic UTI's, magnesium for heart palpatations and Zinc

Velcro

Sending positive thoughts your way.

SjoGirl

finallyadx it was my father-in-law who passed. I am very pleased to hear that your father-in-law survived, but I know that that trauma for all takes a toll. Try to be gentle with yourself as it definitely takes time to recover from such harrowing experiences.

You are in my prayers.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Joe S.

finallyadx, my best suggestions are in my welcome.
Don't Panic
Breath
Meditate
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Cricket

 Sending good thoughts and gentle hugs!

Cricket~
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

Friedbrain

So sorry to hear that!  I have several elderly relatives, as well (parents and uncles/aunts) whom I'm very close to, and I know that it will be really hard on my health if/when something happens to them.  My health went into a tailspin after my dog died last Feb.

Fwiw, when I was in graduate school and knew ahead of time about really stressful events like presentations, I took xanax *during * the stress and that lessened/inhibited the neurological blowback (or whatever the saying is).  In hindsite, when I was so symptomatic after my dog died, I'd wished that I would've taken something during my grieving process to help reduce the physiological toll. 

I took the teeniest bit of xanax when I did take it because it can become addictive; I never abused it.  But it certainly did help me immensely when I used it.