News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Ladies issues

Started by Cindy, January 15, 2013, 11:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

So I changed eye docs because the one I had wasnt doing all the plaquenil tests. I went today and the girl thats checks you with me before seeing the doc was really nine. She started asking me the usual questions and then a minute later she says "you know I have sjogrens and lupus" how cool is to meet in person somebody like you.  We talked and talked. She has a baby and a toddler.  Now.. I didnt like the doc, I asked for a day off to go there, gyn, and take care of my mom and he is making me go back in 3 weeks for plaquenil testing.

Gyn visit. I been having vaginal burning sensations for a few weeks. Is really strange because if Im walking I dont  feel anything but if I seat for more than 20 min the burning starts. Theres no infection, I was thinking of vulvodynia. I told him and he said that in 15 years he has seen only 2 patients with vulvonya.  Joking he said that thanks to me he has to read the books to learn about sjogrens. At least he is trying. I have a trip in 2 weeks and am afraid of sitting on a plane for more than 20 min. Has anyone experienced this or am alone on this one.

Myshkin

Very common. It's also salivary tissue down there, so you're pretty much experiencing the same there as in the mouth or stomach.

I have it, and it suchs. It was actually my first big symptom, before the eyes or anything. I use vaginal suppositories with hyaluronic acid (formulated for vaginal dryness - there are different brands). Replens is also an option, but I prefer the others. And be very gentle with personal hygiene.

And I use the principles described here: http://www.mydr.com.au/womens-health/vulval-problems-a-self-help-guide

Helpes tremendously. Especially quitting the douche.

Steroid creams also work if it gets bad
Newly diagnosed i 2012 with Sjogren's and feeling like crap. Just started Plaquenil and try to learn to live with the new me. Also joined by temporal lope epilepsy, auramigraines and PCO.