News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

glaucosine and chondroitin??

Started by babycakes, January 02, 2013, 04:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babycakes

hi all, just wondered, is it ok to take the above with a diagnosis of sjogrens?.

I have very stiff and painful joints, plaquinil and diclofenac works but i am concerned about having to rely on the latter for pain relief long term.

I've tried celebrex which did nothing but would like to hear of any experiences of the above, should i take just glaucosamine on its own?? Is it safe etc??

Would really appreciate some advice:-)

Annie x

Joy

I take Glucosamine with Chondroitin for joint pain. I find that when I stop it my joints start to hurt more than normal. So I think it works. I don't take plaquenil as I was allergic to it, but look forward to hearing the advice from others.
Dx Mild Primary Sjogrens by Rheumy. High RF factor, High RO Antibodies. Dry ears, dry/sore eyes, use eye gel/drops. Joint pain, get very tired. Take Inhalers for asthma, Allergic to Plaquenil. Stopped Amitriptyline it made me pile on weight! :-(

gold55

I take Joint Juice shots....it has Vit C, D and Glucosamine plus Hyaloric Acid (sp?).  I think it has helped and I've been taking it for quite some time.
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

slccom

Glucosamine/Chondroitin work well for me. It doesn't do anything for my husband. You just have to try it and see.

I've been on diclofenac for 20 years. No big deal. However, as always, consult your doctor!

Sharon

babycakes

Hi all

Thanks for your help, I think I'll give it a go, im seeing my doc next week and mention it all when I see him.

Annie x


Tivia

I know its been used for arthritic pain and inflammation for a long time. The thing is you have to stay on it, I remember we used to prescribe Flexamin for pets with arthritis and it worked, just had to keep them on it.

eyeamdry

My GP told me to take that years ago, maybe 20.  I began to have problems with my knees and this did help.  Eventually, arthritis (osteo they say) wore both knee joints away and I had a partial knee 11 years ago, which needs to be replaced with a full, but can wait.  I had a full knee replacement on the other knee one year ago.  I doubt there is any point of me taking this now as I think all my joints are dust.  It sure wouldn't help the plastic and metal I have in me now.

I do have my daughter taking this as she has hit 40 and I am sorry to think she may have the same knee problems I do.  I am the only one in my family and I had two sisters and you'd think they may have it, but do not.  Lucy

slccom

Sometimes you just don't want to be the lucky one! Lucy, you still have hips and ankles and other joints; you might want to stay on it.

Sharon

Aquarius

I need to use G&C specifically for the joints in my hands and wrist.   Anyone know of an effective brand name of a G&C cream for topical application?