News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

weaning off Cymbalta

Started by cat, November 18, 2011, 02:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

I saw my Dr. today and explained to him that I have to stop the Cymbalta because of the cost. I no longer have insurance. I told him about the information I read this week on the difficulty getting off Cymbalta so he made up a plan for me that we both hope will cause the least side effects for me. It is as follows

Since I'm on 60mg a day I will do 60mg one day and 30mg the next day and do this for a week.
Then I will do 30mg Cymbalta one day and a low dose Zoloft the next day for a week.
The 3rd week will be Zoloft alone and I sure hope it will be as easy as that.

I will let you know how I make out. I am not starting to wean until next week. Have to get myself prepared.

Cat

Carebear

Sounds like a good plan, Cat.  I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

stockchick

I had to quit Cymbalta after 5 years of being on it.  It was awful.  I think it would have gone better if my doctor had put me on an anti-depressant while I was coming down.  I also came off of it 2 fast.  I have been really miserable.

That being said, now that I have been off of it I have realized that there were some side affects I was having and didn't realize it.  I think my brain fog is better without Cymbalta.

Good luck.

SueAnn

Stockchic,

I have no doubt that your brain fog is better.  I was on it for 2 days and felt like a zombie so I stopped taking it. 

SueAnn
Sjs
LDN, Plaquenil, Evoxac, Prednisone, Restasis..
Vit B complex, calcium, Vit D
Female - 50ish