News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Are you happy Winter comes and Yard work stops?

Started by bloodless, October 18, 2011, 12:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sooki

Hey - I posted that in 12 pt - seems easier to read. 
68 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy, ocular rosacea
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid, Atorvastatin, Xiidra, doxycycline, D3, biotin, B12, ALA, DHEA, Ubiquinol, CPAP, D-mannose, Paleo AIP, fish oil, Cliradex wipes

Narablueeyes

Quote from: Skylar on October 18, 2011, 01:37:35 PM
In a word, no - I am not looking forward Raynaud's acting up in my feet and hands. But I do love fall, just not winter cold.

I don't have Raynauds but I am SO cold intolerant, it hurts.  (pun intended!). I love the fall but it doesn't love me and winter is just a killer wench.

Pisces24

Heck No!
Only things I like about winter is 1) the snow looks pretty and 2) Christmas. Otherwise it is too cold, expensive and causes too many problems.  :'(

They set us up at work so if it gets so bad that we cannot come in, we can work from home off our own computers. Sigh ::) Or we take an unscheduled absense which counts against us. I got a snowblower but they are not THAT easy to use! Especially if the snowplow packs 3-4 ft at the end of your driveway! If I have to,I might have to catch a ride with a worker from another dept around the corner if she can get out.

So winter always gives me the tough decisions - how crummy do I feel? - should I come in to work today? - and how much should I bust my butt to get in early? (ie how much physical work & stress I can take) and can I live with the consequences tomorrow?