News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Does wine make your head itch?

Started by sewandsew, April 03, 2011, 09:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sewandsew

I've noticed if I have a glass of wine with dinner, my head itches.  Anyone else?

anita

If you take any narcotics/opiates for pain, they can have the side effect of itching (even the head).  You may not notice it normally, but the wine would increase the side effect. 
52 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, (CVID) IgG def., Cushing's, Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-neg w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG & pre-meds, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Cardizem, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Symbicort, Fentanyl, Percocet, Zofran

Jellyb

Hello! I have wine with dinner also sometimes but i do not get an itchy head at all. It could be the sulfites in the wine. Maybe you could try a sulfite free wine. It might be worth a try. Let me know i am curious:-))

deeindiana

I'm not a wine drinker so I can't help with that. But there are times when my scalp gets insanely itchy for a couple days and I've never been able to connect it with anything.
Deb
Diagnosed June 2010.
Rheumy at University of Michigan Med Center. Age 63
Difficulty swallowing, fibromyalgia, burning mouth, GERD, anxiety, dry, dry, dry!
Medications: Atenolol, Plaquenil, Zoloft
I am my own worst enemy...

Blue Hydrangea

My head itches quite often.  It started with just plain itching but now I get little bumps/blisters on my scalp.  That's what led me to the doctor to get tested for food allergies.   I definitely have those but I also tested positive for Sjogren's.

Joe S.

bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

sewandsew

Yes, Joe.  I can still drink wine.  Not on any heavy duty drugs and only have it with Italian food which I don't eat that often anyway.

CAT1962

I don't drink anymore. :-/ Started Plaquenil about a month ago...miss my wine.