News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

swelling in armpit

Started by Tess, March 31, 2011, 12:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess

I have left side parotid swelling and now have left side armpit swelling. Does anyone else have this problem. It's quite sore and makes my left breast look slightly enlarged, too.

Jellyb

Hi there! Oh my gosh yes I have had armpit swelling and pain for at least three years. Before my diagnosis my doctor said it was hormones or some other blah blah but since I have been on the plaquinel  the swelling is mostly gone but some hardened lymph nodes are left behind so I am having it checked out in two weeks. I think there is a connection. Maybe call your doctor and just ask if you should go in and check it out.

cremer

I often get swollen and tender lymph nodes especially under armpits and under ears and beneath chin.

This has been happening about 9 months now and maybe have 1 week every 6 weeks thats swollen or tender.

When I say swollen I can feel a bulge maybe the size of a marble uder the skin.

I have yet to metion it to my Rheumy.

Tess

Thanks for the replies. Yes, i am going to see the doctor about it. it's not actually lumpy, just general swelling.

dry2010

I have the same thing my rhuemy thinks it id sjogrens related. If you find out please post or private message me I would really like to know.....

Dry2010
Diagnosed SJS March 2010, Gerd, Plaquenil & Generic Evoxac,suspected Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome,Wellbutrin, Hypothyroid and menopause.

trector1955

Hey
     What does this swelling look like is it in the armpit. or beside it.  Right next to my arm pit beside my armpit it is pretty big, I would think it was just fat but it itchs alot. it makes me crazy.

irish

It is Sjogrens to my notion. I have had swelling only on the outer aspect of my right breast and into my side and then up under my arm for many years. I know that it has been at least 30 years.

A couple of years ago I had a mammogram and they found an enlarged lymph node in my breast so I had to go in and have an ultra sound. When I get the pain and swelling I will have some lumpiness that isn't all that bad, but these areas are really sore. I have not panicked over these because I remember my mother having the same thing over and over again. I am sure that she had Sjogrens but she was never diagnosed and I am sure no one even gave it a thought back then.

If you have not been seen by your doc for this it would be good if you could get in to see him so that he knows what you are talking about. He may also want to do a mammogram or maybe even an ultrasound to refer back to down the road.

I don't consider this unusual as sjogrens affects the inflammatory response in our body and these areas are full of lymph nodes that can be affected. It is good to keep track of this though so if you ever have anything that is different you will be aware of it and get to the doctor. Irish ;D

Tess

Thanks for your replies. I have seen my doctor who has referred me for scans etc. My problem seems very like the one described by Irish, in that the swelling has affected the side of my breast too. I will report back when I have had the scan next week. tess