News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Bleeding during/ after intercourse

Started by wiccagal, April 05, 2011, 03:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiccagal

Arg yet another invasive and personal problem I am experiencing thanks to sjs.  I am 34... I enjoy sex however since sjs not only is it now harder to ummm reach the promised land but I am now also bleeding during and after... This is NOT fun :-(. Been to the gp who suggests it's linked to sjs dryness etc and nothing is behind it (had the usual checks) and  lubrication is suppose to help but it seems to becoming more frequent and also my sex drive seems to be in stall :(  does anyone else get these issues?   It sucks!! 

dainbramage

I had this a lot, the husband was very upset. (Is there someone else, I don't love him anymore) Finally, he understands that it hurts. Gyn suggested using astroglide. Tried all and its okay, just a little greasy around.

hikerknees

Thanks for bringing this up wiccagal.  It's a sensitive subject but one a lot of us can relate to.  I understand we can get dryness anywhere there are glands, and I have read many posts from other women with this problem.  Bleeding can come from a number of things, so is the intercourse painful?  The rubbing can be enough of an irritant to cause bleeding (and I do lose interest in a scenario like that).  If that is the case, there are lots of lubes out there, including organics and natural oils.  I used to advocate for water based only, however some of the natural oils work for me (never vasolene or other petroleum products) and I have a lot of skin sensitivities.

Finding the right lube, and the partner who takes the extra time to -umm- get the maximum of the natural lube, is important.  However if you aren't having pain, I suggest you look further medically.  You mention you had the usual checks,  but I had bleeding between periods for most of my 30's while all my regular check ups were fine  The bleeding was most obvious during and after intercourse...no pain.   They found I had endometriosis and fibroids and this didn't show up for several years.  I get the feeling there is some controversy as to whether endo is considered an autoimmune condition or not, and if I had it to do over I might have tried more natural remedies, but it would be helpful to rule out that or other "female problems".

Good luck, sex SHOULD be fun!

Joe S.

There was a post about Sjogrens causing low testosterone. The frequency to normalize testosterone in women is 1445 Hz.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

dainbramage

Sent you a PM but hikerknees is right. See your GYN about this to rule out any female issues.
Sex should be fun for you. You need to be selfish of YOUR needs.

CAT1962

Yes, and I also have had cysts on my cervix, have several uterine fibroids, among other issues, no Biblical pun intended. Dry City, USA.