News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Sinus Infection and Root Canal.......Ugh

Started by Sandisue, January 23, 2011, 12:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandisue

Hi All,

Well with my ringing ears and all, I went to the Dr. and she said that I have a sinus infection and put me on antibiotics, along with this she said I only had a little moisture in my ears no infection. So I went to the Dentist because I couldn't tell if it was my ears hurting or my tooth. It turns out that I had a bad tooth and needed a root canal...OMG I have never been through such stress in my life. It was horrible, the silly lip biopsy didn't hurt that much.....I have a temporary thing in my tooth now and go back next week to have it completed. That means I get to sit there one more time and let them dig this thing out and do it again. Oh Dear Lord,  I was so tense, I couldn't do the laughing gas, it smothered me, the next day my whole shoulder was out, I couldn't lift my arm all day.  So I'm going for the Valium next time, my daughter will go with me to drive me home...

Lets have 3 cheers for Valium, and for my daughter....Hipp Hipp Hooray.....

Thanks You All....
Sandisue

Meld256

Oh Sandisue,

I am sorry you had to endure this!  :(  Could they not do everything at once because of infection? Or some other reason? Seems unfair you need to go through this again.

Seems like it's hard to tell what is causing a problem when everything is inflammed and hurts, doesn't it? I was all stressed recently at the dentist. About 4 weeks ago, I started having more swelling in my jaw suddenly one evening and then awful pain within hours. Next day, I got to a clinic (weekend and dentist wasn't in) and got some Augmentin since it seemed like an absessed tooth. Great... Got to the dentist on Tues. and I foolishly thought they'd look and say, ok, you're on antibiotics, that's good, see ya later.  ;)

Well, not the case. Dentist came in and told me I had TWO absessed teeth and they need to come out now! What ??? I was so surprised. I wasn't planning on all that! She was very nice, and numbed me up like crazy and pulled both of them, but not something I'd want to do very often.

I hope your next appt. turns out much better. 3 cheers for Valium and your daughter!!

hope your sinus infection is clearing, too.
Take care,
Melinda

Joe S.

A lot of women in the 60's went to sleep with prince Valium. Those friendly little yellow pills were often called mothers little helpers I was told. Then I heard the Stones song. My mother, a chemical dependency console had to explain it to me. She said that she had a lot of cases that she worked with that had that problem. 
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Meld256

Right, Joe.
I know Valium has had a bad reputation over the years, (with good reason) and unfortunately doctors years ago handed them out like candy.  Many women were addicted, I realize, and it was a sad situation.

I have never taken it myself.  I would rather not be on any meds. In fact, until 2 years ago, at age 53, I never took anything more than a Tylenol.  It just seems that on a rare occasion something like this may help someone in an acute situation. Just my 2 cents...whatever it's worth.  ;)

irish

I want to encourage you to make sure that the infection is treated adequately. I had so many infections, root canals, etc and would eventually end up getting the tooth pulled.

Whenever there is a root canal ask the doc to be sure and give you enough medication for 10-14 days. Sometimes I have found that the dentists would not treat an infection long enough. This was my experience back in the 90's and early 2000's. Maybe they are better informed now.

Also, valium is a long acting benzodiazepine so make sure that you don't do anything hazardous to your health for many hours after the dental work. Don't burn yourself on the coffee either. It isn't that your pain is gone, it is that your mind doesn't put 2 and 2 togther---sort of makes a person a space cadet!!!! Could also somewhat potentiate the novacaine the dentist gives you causing it to last longer. Good luck. IRish ;D